Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 7CAP - problems after setting up timer

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 09:40 AM
boss351
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7CAP - problems after setting up timer

Has anyone else had strange things happen after setting the timer function up? I lost my endpoints for each servo.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:54 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Futaba 7CAP - problems after setting up timer

??? Sounds like you have a software glitch. I'd send it in.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:32 AM
boss351

Grrr. I called Futaba support, they tried it out on a radio there and it didn't repeat. I tried it out again when I got home a now it is fine! I am going to play with it some more as I saw it happen on another guys radio in exactly the same way also... There is probably an sequence that messes it up.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:18 PM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

I just bought this radio myself.............I havent seen this happen yet.
Do you remember what you did and what order you did it.
Where did you setup the timer..........on a stick or a switch. Which stick or switch.?

I hope Futaba has worked out any bugs.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:16 PM
boss351

I have the timer set up to count up on the throttle stick. Annoyingly I couldn't repeat it again last night though I want to try as much as possible to try and get it to repeat, may be after changing models, that was something I had just done also.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:38 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Off the wall question. Did you have a cell phone nearby? I've read about how RF from a cell phone can somehow interfere with the EEPROM in the radio. There have been times when I've worn mine and programming changes and there's no good explanation (on my 9C). I read that and said AHA. Just a thought.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:59 AM
boss351

For sure, and I will try that also.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:47 PM
mtnlvr

I too have had a couple clitches in my 7CAP. I don't think it had anything to do with the timer, but 3 times now the channel 1 endpoint for right travel reset itself to 0%. The first time it happened I didn't realize it until I was in the air and couldn't turn to the right. Thankfully it was a trainer I was flying where the rudder acts like an aileron and I was able to land it with no problems. Since then, every time I turn on my Tx and Rx, I check for aileron travel in bot directions. I've caught it 2 more times. Once on my Super Sportster and that I have dual ailerons.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:14 PM
boss351

So far I haven't had it happen to me again, but the other guy at the field can demonstrate the problem at will by changing any timer setting, then channel 1 right endpoint (of the pair) gets lost, every time!

Adam
Old 04-05-2004, 06:53 PM
KL Twister
My Feedback: (3)

I had the same problem with the end point for right aileron resetting to 0. The radio is new and I set the plane up at home, when I got to the field I noticed the problem and set it to 100%. I did set up the timer at the field and also the throttle cut. I just got the radio out and checked the end points and everything looks ok now. hmmm....

Ken
Old 04-05-2004, 07:23 PM
zero244

This is my first computer radio.........so far my system seems to work fine. But were hearing about a few glitches occuring.......plus the fact that you cant trim the slave servo in dual servo hookups.
Futaba has been doing computer radios for years......its hard to believe they didnt thoughly test this radio to find these problems. Having your right aileron reset to 0 is a disater waiting to happen.
If I had it to do over I wouldnt buy this system.......it has me spooked now. Im not sure I want to trust it to an expensive sailplane.
I think futaba should do a recall and bring these sets back in and fix them and include the ability to trim your slave servos.
I knew this radio didnt have all the features of the 9C......but I expected it to be reliable.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:09 AM
mtnlvr

It seems that the endpoint will reset if you have the timer switch set to ch-3 (throttle) and reset the position of the throttle lever that you want the timer to start. As soon as the timer's switch start position is reset, the ch-1 right endpoint is also reset to the factory 0%.

I wonder if it also resets when you adjust the flap trim knob's initial position.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:04 PM
mtnlvr

Support at Hobbico (Futaba) is aware of the glitch and is contacting Futaba Japan about it. They (Support) have no idea what Futaba will do or when / if they'll do anything about it.

I guess for now, everyone check for travel every time you turn on your Tx / Rx and check the endpoint values after altering you timer.

If I hear anything else I'll post. Please do the same.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Hammer357

I have a feeling that Boss and I fly at the same field becuz I can produce the problem at will with my 7CAP. I know futaba is a good radio manufacturer and been in the biz for years, but a glitch is a glitch. This problem can cause a plane, glider, etc to be uncontrollable if not checked. At the very least, this is a safety issue and will need to addressed by Futaba immediately. If not repaired or replaced, the radio manuals will need an addendum to be included. That, my fellow 7C pilots, is the law. Let's hope that Futaba does the right thing.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:56 PM
boss351

Hey Todd, yep, I fly at Scobee Field also.

I also have not been able to get the trainer stuff to work yet using my old 4 channel Skysport as the student box. I don't no whether that is an incompatibility or another defect with the equipment. I also don't know and have no way of knowing whether my crash a few weeks back was related....

Lets hope they get moving and take care of the problem..

Adam
Old 04-06-2004, 07:18 PM
zero244

I just tried to duplicate the same scenerio........it resets the servo travel to 0.

This is very disappointing..........my first computer radio.........and I buy a lemon.
I wonder what other problem is lurking with this radio.

I think Futaba will fix this for there next batch run............but those of us who jumped in first are going to get screwed on this deal.
There is no way they are going to recall several thousand of these units.......and if they do they are going to charge to fix the problem.

Ive had this system for a month and a half........Im going to see if Tower will give me my money back......or exchange for another radio........I might go Hitec this time.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Hammer357

Adam, sorry it took so long to get in this conversation. Trouble with the PC. You know it sounds like Futaba had been in a big hurry to get this new 7C out in the market that it is possible that not all the radio's features had been checked. It really is a shame if it is the case. I don't mean to make Futaba into the bad guy here but you can bet if they don't correct these issues promptly, this will be the last Futaba radio I buy. See u at the field.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:16 PM
zero244

I just talked to Tower Hobbies..........Ive never used my system........I just played with the transmitter. They said they would take it back god love em

I think I will send it in...........and upgrade to a 9C package.
I wonder should I consider one of the Hitec setups. All my equiptment is futaba so I would like to stay compatible with futaba.

I think the post above me.......is right. Sounds like Futaba rushed the 7C out the door. It would of been a great value if it worked right.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Hammer357

Okay. just got a message from Bill Baxter from Futaba Service Center USA on a related thread.
The manual is wrong when it comes to the timer. Do Not press the dial to continue, as it will reset the ATV on channel 1 (right). At technical bulletin will be released on Futaba's Web Site regarding the corrections.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:01 AM
mtnlvr

So if you
Do Not press the dial to continue
, how do you get the timer to start at a different throttle position?
Old 04-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Hammer357

As I stated. Bill did a correspondence on a related thread. It doesn't mean I'm in complete agreement with this 'fix'. I really don't think that you can bypass the dial to reset the timer. Until Futaba releases the tech notes, I'm gonna leave the timer alone (how often do you need to reset the timer?) and if changes are to be made then check the ATV on channel 1. simple?
I have chatted with a few 7C pilots and it is the general concenses that most got their 7C's from Tower.
Have you or anyone else buy their 7C from Tower Hobbies?
Old 04-12-2004, 08:45 AM
mtnlvr

I got mine from Tower.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:52 PM
Free Fall

What happened with this issue, it just stops?

bob
Old 07-15-2004, 12:29 PM
mtnlvr

The issue is still there. The endpoint for CH1 resets to "0" when you set the throttle position for the timer to activate.

I haven't heard anything about a fix yet.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:47 PM
HK_Shooter

So once I've set my timer ( activated by the throttle stick) and gone back and reset the end point of channel 1 to 100% I won't have to reset the channel 1 end point again unless I've set a new timer count up/down thats triggered by the throttle stick correct? ( I hope that made sense)

Danny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.