Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Statement from Wren Turbines re JoeJets Turbines

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Statement from Wren Turbines re JoeJets Turbines

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 12:32 AM
WrenTurbines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Statement from Wren Turbines re JoeJets Turbines

We have seen on RCUniverse references to a low-cost turbine being advertised by JoeJets. Having made some enquiries we have discovered that JoeJets has a link with one of our customers in the Far East who purchased a MW54 Mark 2 Turbine kit from us last year. We have studied the pictures on the JoeJets website and believe that the turbine, shaft, combustion chamber, diffuser, guide vane and shaft tunnel in the pictures are the ones we supplied in the kit.
It is unethical, and in most countries illegal, to pass off someone else's product as your own for the purpose of soliciting orders. In our opinion that is what JoeJets are doing.

We are not associated with JoeJets in any way whatsoever and will certainly not be supplying them with turbine wheels. We would like to remind jet pilots that all parts in turbine engines have to be made to extremely high standards in order that the engines can work efficiently and safely. Turbine wheels need to be made to exacting aerospace standards and subjected to rigorous inspection. A turbine disc failure is a life-threatening event and a serious incident could have repercussions for everyone involved with model jets.

Roger Parish
On behalf of the Directors, Wren Turbines Ltd.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:05 AM
jlchapman
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Statement from Wren Turbines re JoeJets Turbines

Roger,

Thanks for the heads up on those cloners/thieves/scumbags. Also a big welcome to RC Universe. Its alway great to have manufactures presence on RC Universe.

Jerry
Old 07-29-2004, 06:54 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the info Rogeer!

Like my momma always says: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. BEWARE!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:12 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

well here are te full details:

especialy the first name made sense.......................

Registrant Contact:
LILIAR
LIAR LI [email protected]
4115880 fax: 4115880
bangbuchaoyanglu720
shanghai shanghai 233000
cn

Administrative Contact:
benyin zhu [email protected]
bangbuchaoyanglu720
bangbu anhui 233000
cn

Technical Contact:
bangbuchaoyanglu720
bangbu anhui 233000
cn

Billing Contact:
bangbuchaoyanglu720
bangbu anhui 233000
cn
Old 07-29-2004, 11:50 AM
GrayUK

Well said Roger

Buyer beware!
Old 07-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Disregarding for a moment whether this JoeJet outfit is legit or not, and whether their hot wheels are safe, I think we are just beginning to see the impact of the Asians on the U.S. economy.........I have owned an Avonds F-15 and currently own a Skypac F-15.....by the time you figure in the Avonds build time and paint expenses, the Skypac is about 1/3 the price and performance is near identical.....

Lots of skilled labor, and according to reports from guys having kits produced in Asia, the labor cost is about 8-10% of similar U.S. labor costs......

With current CAD capabilities, doing a knockoff is immensely easier than it was 10 years ago.......plus no shortage of brain power in the Far East as well, to run the CAD stuff......

Spent 2 days at EAA this week.....lots of mainland Chinese snapping detail pictures of everything, especially Ultralight areas, where manufacturing costs, and liabiltity costs, have driven prices thru the roof.....a really nice powered trike with a Rogallo kite wing and Rotax 912S goes for $42,000 now......no doubt, with the new Sport Pilot license, the Eastern invasion is just around the corner.....I saw this 15-20 years ago while fishing in Canada.....the Japanese were stationed all summer at the camps developing the knockoffs of Mercury and Evinrude engines.....and it has worked......lots of jobs left Mercury, here in Fond du Lac, when the Yamaha's hit the showroom floor....

So hang on to your shorts......those 2 billion Asians and 1 billion Indians and Pakistanis are not just into stir-fried restaurants and gasoline stations any more....if Coke, Philip Morris, etc. want to ship 50% or more of their output overseas (which they are) to bolster their bottom line, the same boat that loads up with our cigs and pops, sho' nuf gonna come back with JoeJets........

Tom
Old 07-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

<<So hang on to your shorts......those 2 billion Asians and 1 billion Indians and Pakistanis are not just into stir-fried restaurants and gasoline stations any more....>>>

Good post Tom, they are out spending the USA 10-1 in tech research and buying up large quanities of our national debt. It won`t be long before we are all working for them.
V..
Old 07-29-2004, 03:20 PM
XJet
Banned

I gather it's not uncommon for products designed and developed (at great cost) in the West to end up on production lines in China and being sold for a much lower price than the original.

Sometimes the quality is decidedly sub-standard (not a good thing when we're talking about turbines that might be hand-grenades in disguise) but sometimes the quality is actually very good -- which is not a good thing for the original developer/supplier.

China appears to be where Japan was 30-40 years ago -- lots of manufacturing resource and a pretty good ability to immitate but almost no ability to innovate.

While it's easy enough to copy electronic and low-tech mechanical devices and there are countless small foundries and machining shops around China doing just this, I would wager that there are far fewer facilities for casting and properly testing things like inconel turbine wheels to a satisfactory standard.

It remains to be seen what the bonafides of JetJoe are. If my pump doesn't turn up in a couple of weeks I guess we'll have another datapoint on which to base our opinions.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:58 PM
lov2flyrc

Hmmm....
Contact info is now up?

Our contact info:

Office: 75-09 Parsons Blvd 2nd fl, Fresh Meadows NY 11366 USA

Tel: (718) 969-4121
Old 07-29-2004, 05:27 PM
VA
My Feedback: (1)

Whats that contact info for? Im in NY thats not far from me. As for the cheap[er turbines...Im in it was bound to happen sooner or later. I talked to a few "developers" at Being this year at a shindig at the NY stock exchange and miniature turbines are definately mor easily mass produced today and can be made close to exacting tolerances IF (big if) the machining and quality control is kept to a high standard. I definatley see this being a force to be reckoned with. Just look at any mass consumer product that originally made hear is a cheaper and often times better version than what is made here. Cars, electronics, innovative building materials. Why not RC engines and RC turbines? American turbine makers make a great product but I feel that for 3K+ Im being fleeced. So what does it matter if its made in china.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:35 PM
mr_matt

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tom Antlfinger

So hang on to your shorts......those 2 billion Asians and 1 billion Indians and Pakistanis are not just into stir-fried restaurants and gasoline stations any more....if Coke, Philip Morris, etc. want to ship 50% or more of their output overseas (which they are) to bolster their bottom line, the same boat that loads up with our cigs and pops, sho' nuf gonna come back with JoeJets........

Don't worry, I heard Senator Kerry has a plan to address this.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:10 PM
GrayUK

Old 07-29-2004, 08:20 PM
B777

We support the statement from Wren and want to confirm that PST Jets J600s are using critical parts supplied directly from Wren only. Compressor wheels are genuine from Garettes and bearings are supplied directly from GRW factory. Other precision components are made in-house using our own CNC machines. Electronics and fuel pumps are also customed made for PST Jets from reputable manufacturers.

Even though we are located in the Far East (Thailand), we have no relationship or business contact with JoeJet and in no way using any parts from JoeJet in our turbines.

Regards,
Kraivuth S.
Marketing & sales Director
PST Jets Thailand
Old 07-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

China appears to be where Japan was 30-40 years ago -- lots of manufacturing resource and a pretty good ability to immitate but almost no ability to innovate.

While it's easy enough to copy electronic and low-tech mechanical devices and there are countless small foundries and machining shops around China doing just this, I would wager that there are far fewer facilities for casting and properly testing things like inconel turbine wheels to a satisfactory standard.
Don't under estimate the resources at their disposal. There is lots of high tech abilities in the far east...we just haven't seen the effects of it ....yet!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:37 PM
SigKavalier

Well frankly I simply do not buy anything from overseas unless it is something I cannot get with "Made in the USA" stamped on. Some foreigners might take offence to that, but I wouldn't take offence to a German saying the same thing except unless it was "Made in Germany".
Heck even my boots, and shoes are made in the USA. The only exception to the rule is if the only availabe "Made in the USA" product is way way overpriced.

Of course the problem now is half of the stuff that says "Made in the USA" means "Bought in China, Assembled in the USA."

For example I know a factory that makes sprokets, pulleys, and gears. They found they could order pre-cast parts from China cheaper than they could cast the parts themselves. So they laid off 75% of their workers all in the name of money. I simply see way too many poor Americans to be worried about supporting foreign economies. Heck I am a poor American at $11K in a state where the poverty level starts at around $24K a year. Thats due to the fact that economically I live in the China of the USA. The whole cost of living thing is killer. For example someone living in say New York doing my dead beat job probably makes at least 4 times more than me. So when it comes to what I call "Flat priced" things such as mail order. Even though the cost of living is higher it doesn't matter. If I make $11K a year, and save $2K a year is the same if I made $44K a year, and saved $8K a year doing the same job. Anyway didn't mean to get off on a rant I love Mississippi, but at the same time it sucks.

Free Trade is killing this country!
Old 07-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Dig it

Moore's Turbines in Canada, $1750 US for a MW54 knockoff. So why not under a grand in a country that uses poverty labour. Now, mind you Moore's states that they use Wren parts, unlike JoeJet, but I don't see why this couldn't be. I'd be more likely to buy a made in Canada product, but hey, if the price is right and the support is there then ?
Old 07-30-2004, 01:01 AM
digitech

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

[8D]
Old 07-30-2004, 02:28 AM
Tom Antlfinger

Don't worry, I heard Senator Kerry has a plan to address this

You may be right Matt.....Anyone slick enough to snag a billion-heiress, after the catch-and-release program with #1 million-heiress probably deserves a listen.......

T...
Old 07-30-2004, 07:29 AM
b.bixel
My Feedback: (123)

ORIGINAL: Tom Antlfinger

Don't worry, I heard Senator Kerry has a plan to address this

You may be right Matt.....Anyone slick enough to snag a billion-heiress, after the catch-and-release program with #1 million-heiress probably deserves a listen.......

T...

NO he dosen't!

Bart
Old 07-30-2004, 11:07 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He scares the h*!! out of me.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:28 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

I think we all need to move to Hawaii
Old 07-30-2004, 12:23 PM
mr_matt

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

HAH I can't believe my post got deleted!! A first for me I think!
Old 07-30-2004, 01:27 PM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

Go ahead and repost it Matt, it had to be a mistake...
Old 07-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Are you sure I haven't deleted some of your posts in the past ? If not, then I appologize for making you feel left out.

Gordon
Old 07-30-2004, 05:29 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Matt

I removed your post in conjunction with other because of their political overtone.
Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Ben

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.