Community
Search
Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

Here is my RT Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 12:33 PM
selck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here is my RT Sport

This was my first RC Car.
It came without a slipper, I was told by my LHS that i could by one part# GRT-02 same as the one for the Griffin. But when i put it on, the inner slipper plate was rubbing against the motor mount. Has anyone els accounted that and is there a solution for the problem ?
It's is a pretty durable truck, the only thing that I has broken is the front hing pin brace and front bulkhead. Why isn't there a ALU hing pin brace ? I made one my self, and nothing has broken after that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29475.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	332714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17906.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	332715  
Old 10-02-2005, 04:04 PM
MRTC3

Default RE: Here is my RT Sport

Dang, sweet ride it resembles a Traxxas Rustler a bit. Nice Job
Old 10-05-2005, 11:13 AM
bIGmiK

looks a wee bit evader / xx-t looking to me.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:38 AM
philp37

I dont know what it looks like. The front shocks and shock towers look like nothing I have seen. I do like the HPI looking wheels. Heard that Losi wheels fit and have the same dish. Is this true? Has anybody that owns evader, t3, t4, xxt, xxxt, tried one? I see another new elec stadium truck on the market as well. The Sportwerks Raven.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Crash 81 10
My Feedback: (1)

I own an evader and have an rt sport coming, but i'll get back to you on that
Old 03-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Crash 81 10

I just got mine the other day from Purple_Car and realized it can be a buggy. I mean if you take off the truck body posts and change the front wheels.So is it a conversion kit? Anyway,I was taking it off a jump, like 1 foot tall, all the gears in the gear box stripped. The diff. is missing a tooth but seems to be OK and I got the idler gear out of my Evader but I need the Spur gear and assembly. Will any other academy model gears work? or does anyone have any freebees they will give away?
Old 03-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Crash 81 10

The evader and RT sport are very diffrent trucks and both have their pro's and con's.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:23 AM
purple_car

Hey Clint glad to hear you got the truck, but sorry to hear that the gears stripped. The spur gear stripped? That's too bad cause I put a brand new one on for you. So are you enjoying it aside from those problems? What are the major differences between it and the Evader?
Old 03-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Crash 81 10

the biggest difference is just the fact that the Rt can be made into a buggy!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Crash 81 10

no, the spur is just fine. I just need the whole assembly because it is bent
Old 03-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Crash 81 10

what parts can I use on my RT sport gearbox?
Old 05-23-2006, 06:43 AM
tl01 freak

My nephew owns a RT-sport and i was sceptical about the durability when i bought and saw it the first time and i was right, because nearly all pinions weared out at the first ride.
I must say that there is no slipper mounted, that must be the reason but there are upgrade parts for the gear and it helped.
Dont ask me where to get them in the US, i bought them in Germany and we have no problems since then and there is still no slipper mounted, the gear is bulletproof since. The only thing to mention is that you sometimes hear the motor pinion jumping teeth during instant accelleration but the 82T pinion is holding up fine and if i push the motor pinion hard against it and fasten the motor screws its ok for a while.
I used to own a Evader ST-pro Graphite and i must say that i had problems with its gear too, not to mention the ball diff which i could hardly setup right and if i did, it just messed it self up and started making sounds after 1 battery, god i hate ball-diffs. The RT-sport shocks are shorter but you can replace them with longer ones from Asso or evader etc.
The motor mount on both is aluminum and it really helps keeping the motor heat down a bit more.
I also mounted a delrin front bumper on the RT-sport and after some hours of bashing there are still no broken parts, i really recommend mounting a larger front bumper on your car, it really safes your front suspension parts
The ST-sport has no ball-diffs and its working just fine, i must say that the Evader was more likely for racing and had more setup optins but thats good for someone whos seriously racing, i just wanna drive and not setup and rapair all the time.

For this i blame the brands, we know that its possible to build a bullet proof gear which can handle high power motors even without a slipper, yes a slipper is good though but you cant make wheelies with a slipper.
So what, a bullet proof gear would weight more? i dont care about 30,40 or 50 gramms more. It would be more expensive? We all spend money for aftermarket parts to improve the car.
It would be durable but not on race level? i dont care iam just a basher and it makes shurely no sense running a expensive, lightweight and fragile car at your backyard.
It wouldnt be profitable for the companies? Well, iam close to quitting this hobby because iam tired of buying parts which i believe the company could have done better and i really believe that they make weak parts on purpose to get more money out of the customer.
Dont get me wrong, its normal that chassis parts break if you crash into a wall or something, thats not what i mean, you know what i mean
So the Academy Rt-sport is a good car for bashing but dont forget the front bumper and gear upgrades.