Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

which motor?

Old 07-12-2006, 06:45 AM
antsb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which motor?

wot would b a good motor, pinion, spur combo for my sb sport ive got a mtronics viper rv15 esc
Old 07-17-2006, 04:18 PM
rschoi_75

Default RE: which motor?

What's your budget? Brushed or brushless? Stock or mod motor? and are there any upgrades done to your drivetrain?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:29 PM
antsb

brushed, stock or mod eather, ive replaced all the bushes with bearings
Old 07-20-2006, 02:47 PM
rschoi_75

I use Orion revolution V2's when I go brushed mod (# of turns depends on the class you race in). I'm currently using the 11x2 with great results. They run between $40-60 depending on where you get them. For a stock racing motor I will usually go with any PK2 or a hellfire ($30-40). There are lots of great stock motors out there, but its been so long since I've used one that I don't really know anymore. I'm not really sure how hot of a motor you esc can handle (never used a viprer rv15 before) but I suggest getting an orion revolution v2 that your esc can handle. They are great motors and do actually last longer than other brushed motors. good luck
Old 07-27-2006, 06:45 AM
PerformanceRC

15 turn speedy i would keep it around 19 turn ,i have run a Team1RC 19 turn and it is quicker than my orion mod.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:15 PM
antsb

thanks for your help
Old 08-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Davey G

Both the offroad car and the onroad car can handle pretty much anything you throw at it. I ran a brushless this past weekend in my tc on carpet. No problem at all. e-mail me if your interested in seeing a video.

DAVE G
Old 08-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Cainlord

One thing to watch for the V2 series of motors is that with fine dust they brushes can wedge themselves into the brush hoods. We found that if you use some cotton and put it into the hole after the brush, acting like an air filter it worked pretty well keeping them clean.

I really like the cobalt series of motors and I heard the cobalt 2 is a very nice one as well. I also know someone who swears by the checkpoint motors.