Community
Search
Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

can't decide need input

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 06:09 PM
mmkain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't decide need input

i've only been in this hobby (read addiction) a year. started w/ a rustler, bought a xxx buggy, & a trinity syder,
NOW i'm looking at 4wd buggy, deffinitly set on shaft drive so that leaves two choices this new academy pro or the other guys (kyo....)
how is mrc as far as parts support (haven't seen two many on ebay) haven't really check lhs's.
durability? my driving still needs prefectin', so the shinny side is not always up.
and anything else u guys can think of
need to know pretty quick cause a couple of rigs are closing on ebay in the next 3-4 days
thanks
Old 07-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Davey G

Default RE: can't decide need input

Hello,

The V2 Pro is very durable and even if you are upside down (YOU SAID SHINY SIDE UP) the shiny side will be up because our car has a shiny lexan undertray! LOL

www.amainhobbies.com and www.stormerhobbies.com are the main mail order accounts that completely support our product. Hope this helps in your decision.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:18 PM
zephar123

Well I can tell you this so far on the MRC its very durable. sucker is hard to flip as ive so far been able to recover it even when its 2/3rds of the way upsaide down by simply flooring it and lettign the baloon tires catch and flip it back up.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:57 PM
mmkain

daveyg- thats not comforting....but i think i'm sold on the pro,
talked to a couple of guys at the local track. they say its a great vehicle
& w/ the online parts house u have given me its a great selling point
thanks guys all around

appreciate it[8D][8D][8D]
Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Bobofreak

I agree!! I have a few of the other 4wd cars out on the market Loxi xx4 and xxx4 as well as a couple of X10 Predators and the V2 Pro is just as if not more durable than the Losi's and way more durable than the X10. Plus this thing has the most insane acceleration I have ever seen!!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 06:22 PM
mmkain

STILL HAVEN'T MADE THE LEAP. BUT WILL SOON. LOOKED AT A FRIENDS XXX4 & THAT THING IS A NIGHTMRE TO WORK ON. DARN NEAR HAVE TO DISSASSEMBLE THE BODY TO CHANGE THE BELT.
talking to others that race, they say belt is great for carpet, its stupid for off road. even they owner of the lhs had a 1/18 scale vendetta? but its up for sale cause he says though its crazy fast, its a pain to control especially over the jumps
anyway when i make the leap will post pics