Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What a Car! STR-4_PRO II 1/10 Touring!

Hello,

I'm getting ready to come aboard as a driver with Team Academy / MRC 1/10 Touring Team. If anyone is into touring racing like myself then you need to see this car excellerate! I am not the only one that will tell you this! See for yourself in Radio Car action, He says " I have never driven a touring car thats takes off this fast". With the STR-$-PRO II that guy is so right!!!!!

Academy! Youre going to be known in my R.O.A.R REGION 8 area thats for sure...........

Team MRC
    B'

Hey by the way? anyone have one? and what body ya running besides the UGLY stratus!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: What a Car! STR-4_PRO II 1/10 Touring!

Looking forward to hearing some reviews of the new vehicle. I had the STR4 Pro and compared to my TC3 it had an extremely smooth drivetrain and was on rails with little setup. Looks like a good deal considering all you get as well. The shocks also appear to be the same as the first version which were really good.

If we had touring around here, I would run it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am in getting back racing nationally, My father passed away this past feb and it really is a hard to race R/C once again since he and I raced and were so close. MRC / Academy were so great in helping me repair or restore a couple of old sp / Matiz 1/10 we had. I considered asking about sponsors and touring cars after there excellent service call I made.

I have been in the RC scene for a lllllllllllllllllllllllong time. I raced small scale professionally and did really well! I was also involved with delta back in the days of their great 1/12 cars. Another great company as well! To make story short, I am just really impressed and happy to help them get this car more known like their Off Road Buggies will soon be. To see what I have seen and even read by others, THIS IS THE CAR TO HAVE FOR TOURING, hands down. My closing point really was just the staff once again and what they new about who they worked for and products? WOW, wish more companies took notes from them instead of flipping through a book or pc screen. I mean, they carry a conversation with you easily!!! They responded to every email, phone call and dont sit in offices and drink coffee what I understand,,,,

Shoot! look at Mr. Le in here doing forum stuff ! This is Academy and why I went with there cars! #1

Team MRC
    B"

Hello there

We are importing Academy into Australia and are currently developing a team to race STR4 PRO2's and SBV2's Australia wide.
    The STR4 PRO2 is an awesome car, competetive against the best.
    In the next few weeks we will have an Academy RC Car information page on our website to assist with support for these cars.
    This page will include pictures, hints, tips, setup sheets and feedback from team racers and other Academy drivers.
    We invite all Academy drivers to send pictures and any information to assist with this information page.
    The STR4 PRO2 has been added to www.gearchart.com for gearing assistance and setup sheets will be uploaded as we go.
    We can work together with MRC to get these cars into the top of electric racing.
    More info coming soon , this is just the start.

Ed Vacietis
    www.performancercracing.com.au

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello and nice to see ya in here PerformanceRC, I visited your site and pretty sweet layout! I am going to drop some pics to Academy this weekend with the car. Anyhow, Thanks for the post in here to keep the forum going. I think this is what the Team needs,,,, excellent representation to others that we are out there and the car? Str-4-Pro II ??? WOW>....................................what a touring car....

Team MRC / Academy
    B'
    1/10 Touring Sedan

P.S. If ya ever need anything over here in the U.S. or what ever?? drop me a line ......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If in the winter a place opens here for touring, I'll definitely pick up an STR4 Pro II. I really liked the Pro I, was much better than my FT TC3 even with a BMI chassis on it which is saying alot. More durable, drivetrain was butter smooth.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, I would agree, I have driven the tc series and even serveral other touring, the only one I can even compare the STR Pro Series to is the xray line. Cost, time setting up, simplicity, and the wieght and smoothness once adjusted??? the Str-4-Pro II hands down in my books would be my 1/10 purchase. Not just cause I drive one,,,BUT?? its even funny when recently 3 pro drivers test drove the str car in a radio control magazine and they said " it had the fastest take off they ever seen or driven in a touring car" . Then they said "it held back a little in lap times" as it didnt break tire traction in turns,,,,then when it came to taking a kit home out of the 3 tested against the str?? Funny they took the str due to it never broke grip in and around turns and the take off was great........They took home and probably tossed some fimrer tires like us team drivers....

....hmmmmm interesting huh??

Team MRC / Academy
    B'
    1/10 Touring Sedan Class

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just built an str4 pro 2 after having owned the origional a few years back. ! everything is different which i did not expect ? I have a question regarding the steering linkage. In the manual you have to cutt the inner webbing from the front hubs presumably to get more lock? then cut off the end hole on the steering arms to stop it fowling the gearbox. But when bult the steering tie rod actually hits the gearbox center shaft outdrive housing and the front hub is now were near full lock ????????? This gives what i think very little steering ?? Any advice ??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bigbond: WHy did you cut off the back hole on the steering block? There is no need for this. On a touring car the wheels should not have to turn as much as you are stating you want them to turn. Touring cars only need a little bit of steering throw to get around. Cutting off the front hole on the bell crank and leaving both holes on the steering block is the correct way to build the front end. Also make sure that your center link that connects the left and right bellcrank has to be 53.5mm in length.

Hope this helps!
    Dave Graboski
    Custom Painted Bodies: www.myspace.com/3c_grafx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Only cut the webing as stated in the manual from the steering block not the outside hole. I will give it a bash next week if it stops raining here in the UK that is !!!!!