Community
Search
Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

str4 pro campatible with sb sport?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 07:21 AM
jaejw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default str4 pro campatible with sb sport?

for those with the sb sport/pro and so on,, can we utilize the outdrives that are made for the v2 and the str4,, also i noticed in the parts sheet,, the outdrives seem to be plastic (because of their cost) is this so... and will the heavy duty outdrives fit the sb sport... since the heavy duty cost a lil less in price..

thanks
Old 06-05-2006, 02:23 PM
AEoffroader

Default RE: str4 pro campatible with sb sport?

Yes, you are right in thinking they are plastic but the sb v2 outdrives will not work in the sb sport or sb pro. They are not long enough and they are meant to use a new diff gear that the v2 and str-4 II use. The dogbones/cvd's on the sb sport won't reach. Did that answer your question? Let me know if thats not what you were looking for.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:29 PM
jaejw1

now i understand that much of it,, but i was using a diff oneway in my sb sport,, bought it from someone already with it inside.. and im not sure if they make a diff oneway for the sb sport since i havent seen it in the roduct parts sheet.. so could this be one from the touring car
Old 06-10-2006, 02:04 AM
Team MRC

I think the one you have is a 2- 3 year old one way. I am not yet up to speed on parts yet, as I am pretty new to the Academy and MRC line of cars. I am now driving thier str touring cars, Am i in love? YES,,,,what a car!

As for your question? I will make you a promise, if you check back here on monday say afternoon some time or later??? I'll have that answer for you.. Honestly?? I dont think it is from the str however. I have some documents I can check if you can post a pick or drawing of it so I can refrence it.

As for one way difs??? ya know? thats still debated issue where with serveral that race with ROAR and IFMAR. I dont like the one ways myself for touring but others do! I guess it depends on your style of driving......

I'll check back in here tomorrow some time and you let me know if ya still need me to find out.....

Team MRC / Academy
B"

P.S. I just thought, its not a oneway thats shown? but on the str-4-pro II page on MRC website? They have a dif pic,,,can ya go by that???? and compare???
Old 06-10-2006, 07:00 PM
jaejw1

i think it may be item st-t39 the complete one-way diff... and i think i just ordered the st-t48 which are the one-way joints.. which is what i really need..