Community
Search
Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

STR-4 Pro 2 recommended spare parts ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 04:50 PM
matodd_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STR-4 Pro 2 recommended spare parts ??

I just picked up a new STR-4 Pro 2 and since spare parts will be a bit hard to come by, I was wondering if there are any recommendations on spare parts for the pit. We will be racing stock class on asphalt for the next month or so, then move indoors to carpet. Any weak spots in the car to be on the look out for.

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Davey G

Default RE: STR-4 Pro 2 recommended spare parts ??

matodd_1: The parts on the STR4ProII are just as durable as any other touring car on the market if not more durable. Just like any car, the 1st parts to break during a hit are the steering blocks, castor blocks, and a-arms. These parts are in stock at www.modelrectifier.com if you need anything.

Enjoy your car, and make sure you post how your first outing goes!!

Dave Graboski
RC Car Product Manager
Model Rectifier Corporation
Phone: 732-225-2100 Ext.214

Visit us on the web at www.modelrectifier.com
Old 09-14-2006, 08:04 PM
PerformanceRC

From my experience with the car, they are very hard to damage, but here is the most common issue i have found:
The front hub carriers are the weakest link and get some plastic outdrive savers and a spare one way joint set for the front one way as they can snap under hard hits.A joint pin set for the universal driveshafts just incase they come loose, bind and flog out.The rest of the car is great if built to manual.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:16 PM
matodd_1

Thanks for the input. I've ordered a pretty good list of spare parts and we'll see how things shake out. The first outing with the car went quite well. Because of some no shows, we decided it wasn't worth it to set up the parking lot track and went to a nearby pemanent track <[link=http://www.timezoneracing.com]Timezone Racing[/link]> for some informal practice and racing under the clock. All in all, it worked out great, fantastic opportunity to play with settings. Some of the 19t guys who are top drivers in our region decided to throw stock motors in their rides so we could all have some fun. By the end of the day, the Pro 2 was turning lap times that were right there with the leaders. We definitely held our own on the asphalt against the Xray, JRX-S and TC4 guys. Had a few folks coming by to say "what are you driving?"

So, things are looking pretty good. We've got a couple more outdoor races left (if the weather holds) then it will be time for the carpet season. DaveyG, you mentioned some setup/equipment changes for carpet racing... what do you recommend?

Thanks again. Looking forward to indoor fun.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Davey G

matodd_1: The main changes for carpet racing are:

Center chassis stiffner (Part# 98VP T013)
Change out the one way to a front diff (part#VP 021)
Glue 2 upper decks together to gain rigidity (extra upper deck part#98P 006)

If you need more specific setup help feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Dave Graboski
RC Car Product Manager
Model Rectifier Corporation
Phone: 732-225-2100 Ext.214