Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

problem with MRC 977?

Old 09-04-2006, 03:04 PM
RS4rallydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with MRC 977?

okay, I guess this is where to post this... well I have been having issues with my 977 dual output charger, and I need to know how to fix it, or something.

here is the problem: if I try to charge my batteries, it false peaks at about 1500 or so Mah, no matter what peak setting I give it. this will always happen 2 or 3 times durring a charge. whether I charge 1 pack or 2, and it doesn't seem to make a difference what rate I use to charge, it just will not go through a charge without false peaking.

the batteries that I am trying to charge are GP 3300 stick packs. they have been charged and discharged many, many times but still perform very well, so I don't think that they are doing too bad even though the shrink wrap is kinda torn off from getting too hot a few times running them in my truck. I have 1 2000 Mah nicad that I charge every once in a while, just because it still works, but the charger falses that pack 1 or 2 times before it will charge it to full capacity.

so, what do you think could be the problem here? is there a problem with the charger? should I try to fix it or like, send it to MRC? or could it be the batteries? could it be the power supply even? (I use the power supply that came with it.) what is it? it is really boring to babysit the batteries for the hour or so that it takes to charge them, restarting the charger every time that it stops.

EDIT: um, never mind. I decicded to post this in the batteries and chargers forum instead.