Community
Search
Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

SB Sport Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:09 PM
pserve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SB Sport Questions

I'm looking for a 4WD Electric car and I like what I see in the SB Sport. However, it troubles me that I can't seem to find many people talking about it. This very forum, for example. How popular are they? The other cars seem get a lot more attention, and that means something. I'd also have to figure out where to buy one, if not from MRC directly. Also, how about parts support (spares, upgrades, aftermarket, etc.)?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Davey G

Default RE: SB Sport Questions

PSERVE: The SB Sport is somewhat popular but it is also about 3 years old. The SBV2 is our newer car and is quite popular. There is a lengthy thread on www.rctech.net and you can see that there is a lot of positive feedback. If you are interested in the SBsport feel free to e-mail me or call me if you have any questions. Hope all is well, talk to you soon!

PS the SB Sport comes in RTR versions, stock sport version and also, SB PRO CARBON FIBER Version.

Dave Graboski
RC Car Product Manager
Model Rectifier Corporation
Phone: 732-225-2100 Ext.214
[email protected]

Visit us on the web at www.modelrectifier.com
Old 11-21-2006, 12:59 PM
acevtwin

Pserve, Hey these cars are great! I currently drive (and race ) A SB PRO. thats the carbon fiber version of the sport. If you want a 4wd off road buggy that is durable as well as economical, then Academy is the way to go. I saw that you were concerned about part support. Don't be. If your local hobby shop is not stocking Academy stuff now, they will in the future. Academy (in my opinion) Is soon to be everywhere! Until then, in each kit box there is a parts and price list included. I order my parts right from Academy (shipped from New Jersey, U.S.A.) I have parts in no time! Also like Dave mentioned, the new SBV2 is the hot new buggy. Similar in style to the Kyosho Zx5. Except the V2 doesn't break like the ZX5. In case you have'nt figured it out yet, I am realy sold on these cars and I try to pass it on to the next guy when I get the chance. The bottom line is : If you buy Academy you won't be dissapointed.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:34 PM
mxrider99

Is their a good parts availability for the normal sb, not teh V2?
Old 01-30-2007, 03:38 PM
torksteer

go to www.modelrectifier.com, and click dealers
Old 06-21-2007, 08:55 AM
sharpe351

I've had my V1 Pro for about a 2 weeks and I absolutly love it. I would say one of the better buggys I've driven. I've raced since 1989 and seen alot. 2wd is weak, but 4wd dominates the dirt. I just whip the wheel and nail the throttle, and the buggy rockets around corners. Better than the XX-4 WE or the XXX4 G+? Mabye, (got both) but I do enjoy a good deal on a full race buggy. Great price, well crafted, light and fast.