Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SBV2 advice needed please

My firend and I have been reading the forums of various sites for a few days now as we have decided to get back into r/c 1/10 off rd after being out of it for over 10 years, we have been looking to see what car to buy and have both decided on the SBV2, thanks to support like this forum has to offer.

Im looking forward to building the car but if anyone has the time would you be able to tell me what hopup parts / replacements to the kit parts I should get straight away, as im a noob to all of this part numbers or direct links to them on a site would be very helpful otherwise I would not have a clue what im looking for, also what grease, oils etc should I get, tools? Anything at all you would buy if doing all this for the first time, knowing what you know now etc.

Not sure if its ok to post links to shop sites on here? Just incase I will not, my friend and I have found the car for £194.95 in the follow package

SB Sport V2 - ARTR 4wd competition buggy kit

• Supplied with following;
    • Stix-CS radio set (radio, servo, reciever and crystals)
    • LRP 83010 - A.I. Runner electronic speed controller
    • LRP 71005 - 1800mah stcik pack 7.2 volt battery pack
    • Peak Jaguar 19 or 21 turn modified motor

Does this look ok? I am of course in England, thanks again for all your help and advice!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SBV2 advice needed please

just joined the forum and saw your post, dont know if you have had a direct answer yet. Im a factory team driver from the USA and I would be glad to help. Tools all you need is the sizes that come with the kit, metric of course drivers will help the assembly process. the only thing that I broke on the car was the front shock tower. so www.diggitydesigns.com sells a carbon fiber that most of the team drivers use. try the stock setup with 40 wt oil in front and 35 in the rear. after that I will figure how to post a setup sheet that you can try in the future. that should get you going. Good luck!! and Have FUN!
    Academy MRC, Lunsford, Insanity motors.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SBV2 advice needed please

Another worthy upgrade is carbide diff balls for the rear diff. The stock diff balls are fine and will last a while but carbide balls will stand up to a little slip in case your slipper setting were to be too tight when the diffs are settling in. This should not be too much of an issue since you are not installing a super hot modified motor.

Cut the front hole off of the steering bell cranks and the small stop on the steering hub arms (you'll see what I mean) then use the inner most hole on the hub arm. This will give much better steering throw.

Also be sure to use thread lock on the screws that hold the wheels on and re-apply every couple times you change the wheels. They do come loose if you don't apply threadlock.

Good luck with your new car. These are a dream to assemble and run great.
    MRC Academy USA