Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: sb pro kit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sb pro kit

check mrc's website... the sb pro (not v2) kit is on sale for $180!! mine's on it's way!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: sb pro kit

Yeah, I've had one for about a year now and absolutely love it. It handles great, and I have not had any major problems yet.

I was thinking about getting a V2 pro, but at this price, I may just get another V1 pro for spare parts.... hmmmm
    Of course I\'\'ll have coffee... I always have coffee when I\'\'m watching radar. Everyone knows that!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The V2 Pro is a true up to date full blow racer. The V2 Pro tranny can handle much more power then the original series of buggies. Stormer would prob be your best bet if you wanted to get a V2 Pro.
    Dave Graboski
    Custom Painted Bodies: www.myspace.com/3c_grafx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So if I put a lehner basic 5300 or mamba max 5700 set-up into my V1 pro, would it blow up?

I currently run a novak ss5800 on a 2s lipo, and the diffs and outdrives seem to be holding up just fine. It gets maybe 25-28mph on the street and a little slower on the dirt. I was kind of wishing for a little more power. Do you think I should sell my set up and just go for a V2 pro? How much can I push the V1 pro before it explodes on me? Thanks for answering my questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Of course I\'\'ll have coffee... I always have coffee when I\'\'m watching radar. Everyone knows that!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh and what are the weak points of the V1 tranny? I haven't paid much attention because I haven't had any problems, but it would be nice to know. Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hah, good luck with the mamba max 5700 in the v1. Mine lasted about 5 minutes before the rear diff gear stripped completely. I can't find any upgraded diffs or metal gears, so I haven't really decided what to do, yet.

I got a great deal on the max 5700, and thought the v1 sb pro kit was an awesome deal to drop it into, but I never considered the lack of aftermarket...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i got the sb sport pro carbon. put in a mamba max speed controller and a n80 brushless, toped it off with a orion 3200 li-po. 5 min. stripped the diff. really need to put 3 or 4 of those washers in there. and cram that diff in or you will strip it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If your stripping out gears than the slipper is to TIGHT. Or miss adjustment. Generally the slipper is to tight. I run 5.5 and 6.5 in all my cars and dont have diff problems but if the slipper is to tight somethings got to give. Hope this helps.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

one trick i did was replace those concave spring steel washers that came with the sb slipper and install the spring from the sb v2. it fits and holds better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got the upgraded CF v1 with the newer style slipper(with the V2 style spring setup), rear hubs, and whatever else was special about it...

If I set the slipper at anything less than pretty tight, it would just slip completely at anything more than about 10% throttle, even on level ground. I had to play around with both diffs and the slipper to get it to go when I told it to, instead of just crawling along slipping...Is this just something I did wrong during assembly, or what?

It wouldn't be so bad if Academy didn't want so much $$ for a new diff set...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got 2 kits coming. I'm looking forward to running 4wd mod with mine. there are supposed to be a whole bunch of changes to the kit since it's original release. can anyone specify the major differences?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got kit 1 of 2 in. 1 kit built. The kit was really easy to build. Diffs were smooth after a good tweaking. Steering like butter. I took the liberty of putting in all the extra bearings to make the kit full ball bearing. Luckily I had an old Shumacher Mi2 laying around to donate all the bearings I needed. I stuck in a ss4300 brushless to "run in" the buggy. So far, I haven't had any problems with the diffs, or anything else for that matter. The buggy was well worth the scratch it cost to get. Looks like I got a keeper.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up getting a mamba max / Nemesis blue 8s combo for pro V1. I've been running it for almost a month now with no problems to speak of. My slipper is set fairly loose and I have been careful on the throttle. I'll run this set up until something gives. Then I'll have a good excuse to bump up to the Pro V2.... lol.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i hope you won't run it untill something gives!!LOL!
    !Signature your in it put, this read to time the took you If
    If the World didn\'\'t suck, then we would just fall off.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well too bad, because it's back up to $250
    !Signature your in it put, this read to time the took you If
    If the World didn\'\'t suck, then we would just fall off.