Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

Super Brain 960

Old 02-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Brain 960

I seem to have a problem with this charger false peaking. I dont know what it is but it is usually done charging my dtx 4200 mah in about 20 mins...... and my traxxas power series 1's are done in about 10. The only thing I did was take the tamiya connector off and put on deans
Old 03-03-2010, 01:32 PM
ElectricGuy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Brain 960

I have a couple of those, but dont use them much anymore since I have a 977 charger.
They do like to false peak alot. The charger when it gets hot it will automatically shut off.
Does your make wierd noises when you charge that pack? 3700mah is all that charger will handle.
My 977 I've been having little issue with these past 6 months. since it cools iteself to charge my 5000 packs.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Super Brain 960

Old thread, but I thought I'd mention that mine also false peaks on occasion and makes odd noises when charging, especially with high amp rates and/or large capacity batteries.

Still my favorite charger though, and if it false peaks I just wait a minute or two and try again. It usually works fine the 2nd time.