Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Help w/ diff gears on SB Sport

I have an SB Sport buggy that I just use to bash around. The plastic endbell on the stock RTR motor melted after a few runs, so I installed my GTB/4.5R brushless set-up from one of my other cars into my buggy. Well, I didn't know the gears in the diffs were plastic, so needless to say, they are toast only after a couple runs. I've been looking for upgraded metal gears, but can't find any. I installed a slipper clutch AFTER stripping the stock plastic gears, hoping that would help in case I am stuck with plastic gears again. So anyway, does anyone know of any parts or way to upgrade my diffs without any or very little modification? Thanks for any input.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Help w/ diff gears on SB Sport

I had the same problem with my sb sport. i really wish i could find better gears. i got the kit and you could see that the gears were worped. only the back one stripped. and its brushless so its way too fast for rear wheel only..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Help w/ diff gears on SB Sport

Anyone know of any upgrades or alternatives to the plastic diff gears for the SB Sport buggy? Anyone[sm=confused.gif]