Community
Search
Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

Help w/ diff gears on SB Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:25 AM
4.5tec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help w/ diff gears on SB Sport

I have an SB Sport buggy that I just use to bash around. The plastic endbell on the stock RTR motor melted after a few runs, so I installed my GTB/4.5R brushless set-up from one of my other cars into my buggy. Well, I didn't know the gears in the diffs were plastic, so needless to say, they are toast only after a couple runs. I've been looking for upgraded metal gears, but can't find any. I installed a slipper clutch AFTER stripping the stock plastic gears, hoping that would help in case I am stuck with plastic gears again. So anyway, does anyone know of any parts or way to upgrade my diffs without any or very little modification? Thanks for any input.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Dwaine

Default RE: Help w/ diff gears on SB Sport

I had the same problem with my sb sport. i really wish i could find better gears. i got the kit and you could see that the gears were worped. only the back one stripped. and its brushless so its way too fast for rear wheel only..
Old 01-29-2008, 10:53 AM
4.5tec

Default RE: Help w/ diff gears on SB Sport

Anyone know of any upgrades or alternatives to the plastic diff gears for the SB Sport buggy? Anyone[sm=confused.gif]