Community
Search
Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

super brain vs ice charger

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:40 AM
zephar123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super brain vs ice charger

Are there any advantages to the super brain over the icce charger? which over all is the better product. I know ive enterede probably a biased thread but would love any feedback.

sorry btw forgot to put in mean the new 989 one.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:19 PM
sharpe351

Default RE: super brain vs ice charger

I use the Intellepeak Ice, but wished I'd have waited for the Checkpoint version.... it has higher amperage during motor breakin. Not really anyone down here that I race with that uses the superbrain. I understand its a really good one though.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 AM
rschoi_75

I think the only advantage with the new superbrain is that you can recharge lead acid batteries. Its acutally not very useful for r/c applications (except to recharge a portable 12v battery at home to take with you to races). But that feature may come in handy if you own an electric bike/scooter/or skateboard.

It also comes with a AC power supply, which the ICE does not. So that's another 40-100 dollars added onto the ICE.

I personally use two ICE chargers (since I run 1/10th monster trucks too), and have never had a single issue after two years. Yes the team checkpoint is nicer, but I run all brushless, so the higher amp motor break-in function means very little to me. I do like the built in led blacklight though. that's a very nice addition.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:16 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

The biggest differences I see besides the AC/dc power supply being included with the 989 is the output voltage and the graph.

Ice has the graph, but only has a 20 volt output max, the 989 has no graph yet has about a 39-40 output voltage max. I'd put a lot more merit in the voltage spec than the graph. I can charge without graphs.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Davey G

ORIGINAL: guver

The biggest differences I see besides the AC/dc power supply being included with the 989 is the output voltage and the graph.

Ice has the graph, but only has a 20 volt output max, the 989 has no graph yet has about a 39-40 output voltage max. I'd put a lot more merit in the voltage spec than the graph. I can charge without graphs.
The 989 is an AC/DC charger (power supply included), puts out more voltage and the temperature probe is INCLUDED!!!! Unlike the others....