Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Superbrain 960

I have the new 960 charger and need some more information on it.
    People have said it can charge past the 3700maH limit? Is this true or not?
    Losi DT/Losi XX-4/Tamiya TA05/SC10/Tamiya 501x \"WCE\"/Yokomo YR4 M2/F-150/Blackfoot Xtreme

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Superbrain 960

Yes, it is true.
    and airplanes were in

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So I would have to charge the pack 2 times to fully charge a 4500Mah battery...
    Losi DT/Losi XX-4/Tamiya TA05/SC10/Tamiya 501x \"WCE\"/Yokomo YR4 M2/F-150/Blackfoot Xtreme

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No, it should go right up to full normally. Tim might give you more insight on why there's a "max" mah of 3700 listed. I can only speculate that it has it's hands full because of the length of time spent chargeeing at 4.5 is close to a whole hour.

The older 959 would get hot doing that job, but the 960 has a cooler running power supply and should stay cooler. You may not want to do back to back packs.
    and airplanes were in

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I could probably do my Elite saddles for my B44 back to back since they are 3600 and the charger manual
    did say it could charge back to back packs. This 960 will be better as a racing charger due to not getting hot.
    I like the charger, because I still have the old 959.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I charge my 4200 packs with it and it gets warm but not hot to touch but I give it some time in between to cool off a little
    Avante2011,Tundra,TT01,Amax,Blackfoot,MB,Hilux Racer,Durga,TA01,02,03,Nitrage5.2,959,E801XT,801X, RC8 Family,and alot more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like the fact that is lightweight and smaller than the bulky 959, so I can take it to the track without the tackle box weighing a ton!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I purchased a 960 Super Brain to recharge the batteries for my RC18T and the receiver packs for my nitro vehicles. These smaller batteries are suppossed to be charged at 1 to 1.5 amps. The default charge rate on the Super Brain is 3 amps. I connected the battery, waited about 60 seconds and pressed display until the amps appeared. I pressed adjust in attempt to change the amps and nothing happened. The 960 would not let me change the amp rate. This happened with 2 different battery packs. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.
    RC18T FT, Inferno GT
    Monster GT, FG Sportsline

you have to adjust the Amp rate before you press the start button. Hope this helps. Let me know.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,

I just bought a 6V 3600 Mah Ni-Mh Large Scale RX Battery. I was wondering what settings I should put my superbrain on for the first charge and also the charges after that! Please Let me know As Soon As Possible! Thank you!