Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

SB Pro 4wd slipper problems

Old 09-19-2009, 07:03 PM
jjeffcott1971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SB Pro 4wd slipper problems

I am new to 4wd electric buggies and I just built this one yesterday. When I give it power on the track the slipper clutch just slips so much the car barely moves. If I have it off of the ground the wheels move fast. I have tried to tighten the slipper as tight as I can but it does not seem to help. What am I missing? I have a castle 5700 KV brushless with a 19T pinion and the largest spur that the car came with. Any help would be great.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:31 PM
grantmeyer
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: SB Pro 4wd slipper problems

This sounds like what I am having with the basic version (not Pro) of this buggy. I do not have a slipper clutch, but my car acts the same way as yours. I think it is a problem with the Diffs. Should this be completely tight when assembled? From the instructions I would not think so. Someone who has built one of these successfully please help us out.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Tim@MRC

Check the diffs and make sure they're tight enough.

Tim
Old 09-21-2009, 11:50 PM
HRCules77
My Feedback: (4)

Definitely NOT the slipper if you've torqued it down. I have found that tightening the diffs works most of the time however, you may also replace the spring used in the diff from time to time since I have found it to weaken with a lot of heat build-up. I have a high power set-up and it seems I am constantly shredding my diffs. Solution: use less power. I won't....but hey, now I am an expert diff builder.