Community
Search
Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

SBV2 pro Q's

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:51 AM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SBV2 pro Q's

hi, i plan on purchasing the sbv2 pro for this summer for dirt oval racing as well as sunday track-bashing.

i have a few questions.

how durable is the steering assembly?i tend to kill my steering more than anything else and have gained a reputation as a "servo eater"

can the drive train handle a really gutsy brushless system?, i dont necasarily plan on going as fast as humanly possible and dumping in a 1000000kv motor and 50c lipos but id like to know if it will take the abuse. i actualy plan on running SPC racing enerG 4600 NiMh's (and 2s1p lipos when i get the money)

i had a few servos in mind but what servo would ya'll suggest?

same with motor esc, my local club doesnt run a tight ship so im not really limited to sensored systems.

what bodies are compatible from aftermarket supliers like proline and the like.

what rim and tire brands make a wheel thatll work on the stocker shafts.

im sure i have more q's but for now ill leave it as is.

thanks

Old 03-21-2009, 07:52 AM
FieroMan121

Default RE: SBV2 pro Q's

so i guess no one can help huh?

thanks anyway
Old 03-24-2009, 04:41 PM
FieroMan121

im going to order it this week or weekend so thanks guys...

i decided im getting the yeah racing 9turn 4300kv sensorless motor, hitec hs-5625mg servo and spektrum 2.0 tx and rx along with spc 4600 nimh's

im surprised no one from mrc is giving input, even traxxas has better support than this. its not gonna dismay me from getting the buggy but i know where i can stick my problems if they come, i mean, when christmas came along spec point concepts actualy sent all its customers a christmas email!

hope i didnt ruffle anyones feathers by posting this.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:12 AM
HRCules77
My Feedback: (4)

No problems with the steering, which if you have the buggy now you already know. However, I find that the ball diff gets "melty" with a high powered brushless setup. I have a Velocity Light 4.5L installed and with successive hard lauches, this motor will melt the diffs. The rememdy? Softer launches help and when you hear the "slipping" noise back off the throttle. Giving the diff a moment to cool before jamming on the thottle helps as well. This is what I have found that works.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:44 PM
FieroMan121

thanks, i got a mild bl system, killed the diff after a few weeks of light running, i cant seem to find a good spot when setting up the diffs and slipper, other than that the car handles great! i also trashed the front bulkhead after a nasty endo, my biggest complaint is that 4wd isnt as fun as 2wd. the car handles great but its no fun to run compared to my 2wd cars. i think ill get a gv2 next

i also made an aluminum tie bar for the front bulk since thats why it failed, also found that (megenta) sharpie matches the color of the aluminum bits (i have a lot of sharpies)

as far as a raing buggy, i cant be touched, as a for doing speed runs, its ok, what id like to do is make it a brushed/water proof beast[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 08-06-2009, 05:04 PM
zephar123

ORIGINAL: FieroMan121

thanks, i got a mild bl system, killed the diff after a few weeks of light running, i cant seem to find a good spot when setting up the diffs and slipper, other than that the car handles great! i also trashed the front bulkhead after a nasty endo, my biggest complaint is that 4wd isnt as fun as 2wd. the car handles great but its no fun to run compared to my 2wd cars. i think ill get a gv2 next

i also made an aluminum tie bar for the front bulk since thats why it failed, also found that (megenta) sharpie matches the color of the aluminum bits (i have a lot of sharpies)

as far as a raing buggy, i cant be touched, as a for doing speed runs, its ok, what id like to do is make it a brushed/water proof beast[sm=bananahead.gif]

NEed to run the diff tight and slipper looser. Much like way you have to run a losi setup.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:58 PM
FieroMan121

sold it, got some other stuff and dropped the electronics in my traxxas srt race truck. the sbv2 pro is now being run by another local dirt oval racer

thank you for the reply though, its appreciated greatly and will pass it on to the new owner. i miss it sometimes but since im going to basic training in october i think it was for the best