Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SB Pro 4wd slipper problems

I am new to 4wd electric buggies and I just built this one yesterday. When I give it power on the track the slipper clutch just slips so much the car barely moves. If I have it off of the ground the wheels move fast. I have tried to tighten the slipper as tight as I can but it does not seem to help. What am I missing? I have a castle 5700 KV brushless with a 19T pinion and the largest spur that the car came with. Any help would be great.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SB Pro 4wd slipper problems

This sounds like what I am having with the basic version (not Pro) of this buggy. I do not have a slipper clutch, but my car acts the same way as yours. I think it is a problem with the Diffs. Should this be completely tight when assembled? From the instructions I would not think so. Someone who has built one of these successfully please help us out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check the diffs and make sure they're tight enough.

Tim

Definitely NOT the slipper if you've torqued it down. I have found that tightening the diffs works most of the time however, you may also replace the spring used in the diff from time to time since I have found it to weaken with a lot of heat build-up. I have a high power set-up and it seems I am constantly shredding my diffs. Solution: use less power. I won't....but hey, now I am an expert diff builder.
    No, my throttle doesn\'\'\'\'t stick....it\'\'\'\'s just how I drive.