Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

radio opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 06:11 AM
kebuttke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio opinions

would it be worth it to buy a used 10 channel 72mhz radio with amplifier in order to be able to use 2.4ghz video transmitter with amplifier to reduce the possibility of interference? if not, what do you recommend? looking for 10 kilometer range. i know, i know. i am crazy and should be keelhulled. i am trying to get an idea of what the limit is as this is just theoretical until the legal office on base gets back to me on the laws regarding fpv/homebuilt uav's in south korea and the frequencies and power allowed.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:51 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: radio opinions

Dude..for all we know, you could be some crazy Korean guy that wants to blow up our troops over there, and you don't have a clue about RC!

If you have a real question, about a real problem ask away, but I for one will never reply to you, under the current circumstances.......
Old 01-19-2011, 12:15 PM
kebuttke

RC MANIAC119,
Then I suppose you shouldn't answer any questions from anyone regarding this type of flying as there are plenty of opportunities in the States and Europe. I feel as if your post was saying "He is in Korea asking about FPV?!?! He must be a Commie Terrorist!" I assure you I am an american asking a question completely allowed on these forums for the purpose of gaining a better understanding of fpv. Kim Jong Il has plenty enough capability to effect casualties on the Armed Forces of the United States and South Korea. A little breakdown of the regime located a scant 100 miles north. . . http://www.rense.com/general37/nkorr.htm I am a little disappointed you would answer this posting, even in what I can only assume is a good faith effort to "keep our troops safe," but am taken aback by the asinine manner in which you chose to respond to this post. I am sorry if I sound a little offended, but yours may have been a post better left unsent. And for the record, when was the last time anyone turned to an RC forum for information in attacking the troops? Anyone other than the poster named above, if you have any real response to the OP, please feel free to chime in, otherwise, I have nothing further to say. . . .
Old 01-19-2011, 01:17 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then "Mission Accomplished""!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:23 PM
kebuttke

just in case anyone else has doubt as to my american status in a foreign country, here is my youtube channel with a few videos of the AH-64D's from my unit at their annual gunnery.
http://www.youtube.com/user/kebuttke?feature=mhum#p/a
forgot to add my unit is 4-2 Attack Battalion, Camp Humphreys, South Korea.