Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Super Cub LP Keychain Camera

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 01:36 PM
BigMoab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Cub LP Keychain Camera

Hi,
Im an inexperienced Pilot flying a proper RC plane for the first time. I have flown the super cub like 5-6 times in like a week, first time i flew was in 11mph and took off from the ground which was much better than hand launching. So after all the flying i decided to buy one of those Keychain cameras for the cub, so now i have one i have no idea what the best position is for the camera for Aerial Photography/Video. I have sticky back velcro but wasnt too sure if the wind in the air would rip it off? Has any one got any good suggestions for where to put the keychain camera?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:54 PM
BigMoab

Default RE: Super Cub LP Keychain Camera

Hey guys,
Today i flew the cub on a little test run with the keychain camera, it wasnt the best of quality but it is a 720x480 but for some reason running at 640x480 or something like that with a 4gb Kingston sd card but its good for what i want it for and cant complain because it was dirt cheap. When i watched the video i heard a really horrible sort of vibration sound now the only conclusion i have is my nose cone, It has cracked plastic and parts of it are slightly loose and the motor is causing the plastic to vibrate which causes the loud horrible sound. When i flew it was 9mph winds and that was the reason for me to full throttle most of the video, I did glide alot after the video and got comfortable with the wind but unfortunately its not shown in the video. It was my first Aerial Flight video and hopefully alot more to come. Please feel free to view my video on your thoughts here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFGeH...&feature=feedu

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:00 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like the prop is out of balance!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:42 PM
BigMoab

Do you reckon? Im very new to RC Flying so excuse me if i sound a bit nooby, Do you mean the Prop is bent?
Old 01-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Gofer303

A prop out of balance means one end is heavier than the other or damaged. get a cheap prop balancer and when you sue it the heavy side always points down a balanced prop will lie flat and even. Sometimes just a small piece of scotch tape is all it needs to be balanced. It is very easy to do once you see it done just you tube search for prop balancing and it will be there.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:33 AM
BigMoab

Ah ok thanks very much ill give it a go.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:02 AM
richardgerardi

Hi Big. I have the same camera but the mic broke and the videos got better. I hear that if you use a class 4 SD card it will be even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAEOvas_cVA
Old 02-03-2011, 05:27 PM
BigMoab

Hi Richard, I do have a Class 4 Kingston TF Card 4gb but i think im gonna try and cover up the mic to silence the sound a bit, hopefully and reinforce the camera as it wasnt securely held on properly lol. Thanks for the reply mate.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:50 AM
tacx

For a couple bucks more I picked up a Class 6 chip. Put the cam on an Easystar at the lake. Check it out. You also have to realize that some of the quality is lost uploading to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayxoEAzTMfY
Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 AM
BigMoab

Hey guys,
Recently captured some more videos the other day in a different position on the wing just out of view of the prop. The sound is a bit better and quality is better as i actually secured the camera on this time. Take a look if interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKCfao_41XQ

Thanks again guys.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:56 AM
richardgerardi

Nice vids guys. I think I need a faster SD card just not been able to find one.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Tinkman

I just finished a test flight with one of those cameras. I built a tilting camera mount which is controlled by a programmable mix mirroring the elevator. So far so good. Eventually I'd like to get tilt and pan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuhgkoR61C8[/youtube]

Joaquin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49657.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1568027