Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

on-board aerobatics with my 3dhs 48" extra

this is my first time making a video. i actually wanted outside (from the ground) footage also, but i dont have good enough equipment for that (and a good camera-man).

but here is some on-board footage doing some mild, "scale-like" aerobatics (not much 3d or high energy manuvers b/c from an on-board view, it just looks weird).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGR8s8866vU

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: on-board aerobatics with my 3dhs 48

Very nice work! I also appreciated your choice of music. So many times people will choose to put the aggressive stuff on a video. Just not my choice. This seems to give the flight the respect it deserves for its intricacies and class.
    Well done. [sm=thumbup.gif]
    Eric

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is a well done video and nice to see it done on an aerobatic platform for a change. Could you post a picture of your camera and how you mounted it? I am thinking of doing the same.

Regards,

Robert
    More Planes Than Brains!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sweet!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great Vid!!

flynte
    MAAC 79035

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for your comments! i was afraid it would look too "boring" for the hard-core 3d guys. i usually like to fly 3d, but when i did onboard video of it, it just looks completely chaotic and strange. so i decided to fly slow and smooth and choreograph it with the appropriate music. glad you guys enjoyed it.

the camera is just one of those $30 cheapies from hobbyparts or hobbyking. this is the one i used: http://www.hobbypartz.com/smvicarewfr2.html

i mounted it by just taping it onto canopy with painters tape. the camera is so lightweight that you dont have to worry about the g's yanking it off the plane. i also have similar footage on my 36% sbach 342 also, wtih smoke on. i havnt had time to edit and upload yet. (i'm new at making videos so i work very slowly). hopefully i'll get it done in a week or so.

brian