Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

on-board aerobatics with my 3dhs 48" extra

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

on-board aerobatics with my 3dhs 48" extra

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 04:16 PM
boosted180
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default on-board aerobatics with my 3dhs 48" extra

this is my first time making a video. i actually wanted outside (from the ground) footage also, but i dont have good enough equipment for that (and a good camera-man).

but here is some on-board footage doing some mild, "scale-like" aerobatics (not much 3d or high energy manuvers b/c from an on-board view, it just looks weird).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGR8s8866vU
Old 06-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Sir_Sparksalot

Default RE: on-board aerobatics with my 3dhs 48

Very nice work! I also appreciated your choice of music. So many times people will choose to put the aggressive stuff on a video. Just not my choice. This seems to give the flight the respect it deserves for its intricacies and class.
Well done. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Eric
Old 06-05-2011, 03:04 PM
ripper-911

That is a well done video and nice to see it done on an aerobatic platform for a change. Could you post a picture of your camera and how you mounted it? I am thinking of doing the same.

Regards,

Robert
Old 06-09-2011, 11:54 AM
TheRCDude

sweet!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:23 PM
flynte

Great Vid!!

flynte
Old 06-14-2011, 02:58 PM
boosted180

thanks for your comments! i was afraid it would look too "boring" for the hard-core 3d guys. i usually like to fly 3d, but when i did onboard video of it, it just looks completely chaotic and strange. so i decided to fly slow and smooth and choreograph it with the appropriate music. glad you guys enjoyed it.

the camera is just one of those $30 cheapies from hobbyparts or hobbyking. this is the one i used: http://www.hobbypartz.com/smvicarewfr2.html

i mounted it by just taping it onto canopy with painters tape. the camera is so lightweight that you dont have to worry about the g's yanking it off the plane. i also have similar footage on my 36% sbach 342 also, wtih smoke on. i havnt had time to edit and upload yet. (i'm new at making videos so i work very slowly). hopefully i'll get it done in a week or so.

brian