Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

800mw spylinker & pcm

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 09:57 PM
Samh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800mw spylinker & pcm

Hi,
Has anyone had radio problems when using pcm .
On the ground everything seems to be ok ,no glitching range check ok with engine running and video tx on.In the air a completly different story.
Hovered helicopter ok system ok,went into forward flight for about 25 or so metres started to do left hand circuit system locked up, heli started to go into a left hand dive heading towards the ground,just by chance control resumed and i managed to land.I disconnected the video tx and then after checking everything had 5 good flights without the video on.
Has anyone had any problems of this nature.

Thanks Sam
Old 08-17-2003, 12:32 AM
Billiam411

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The transmitter on your camera might be causing interferince with the receiver. Try putting it as far away from the receiver as possible.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:43 PM
Samh

I,m going to try the video setup on a glider i think first,i would rather smash this up than a heli.This is my fist try at wireless video so i will try and iron out the problems.
Here in the uk we use the 35MHz band for aircraft. 1.2GHz is a long way apart so there should,nt be any interference problems,unless the spylinker is a ---- system,I will check it out

Sam
Old 08-26-2003, 01:27 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

I had this problem with my 900 mHz Supercircuits rig. I got glitching on FM and lockouts on PCM.
I recommend that you
1) Mount your transmitter behind the radio compartment with the rubber ducky pointed toward the tail of the plane.
2) Place your RC receiver near the front of the radio compartment and route the rx antenna out the wing of the plane, 90 degrees from your TV tx antenna.
3) Use a circularly polarized antenna for your ground station TV receiver.

I flew with this in my pattern plane for the entire 2000 season.

-Ron

http://www.mindspring.com/~rellis2/r...n/rcpattrn.htm
Old 08-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Samh

Hi Ron,
Thanks mate i was going to try what you have recommended,but have just not got round to it yet,will hopefully try it very soon before winter sets in.(It must be nice to have great weather where you are most of the time)

Cheers SAM
Old 08-27-2003, 01:21 AM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Originally posted by grotto2
I had this problem with my 900 mHz Supercircuits rig. I got glitching on FM and lockouts on PCM.
I recommend that you
1) Mount your transmitter behind the radio compartment with the rubber ducky pointed toward the tail of the plane.
2) Place your RC receiver near the front of the radio compartment and route the rx antenna out the wing of the plane, 90 degrees from your TV tx antenna.
3) Use a circularly polarized antenna for your ground station TV receiver.

I flew with this in my pattern plane for the entire 2000 season.

-Ron

http://www.mindspring.com/~rellis2/r...n/rcpattrn.htm
My Supercircuits 900mhz totally obliterated my Futaba rx on 50mhz to the point where it wouldnt even see the 9C tx right on top of it.
Switched to a Hitec Supreme on channel 38 and its completely glitch free. My father was having similar problems on channel 42 using an FMA fortress rx but we think its an internal problem and not due to the video tx. He had the FMA rx antenna lead running along between the servos and it glitched even when the video rx was off.
Made for some twitchy video since the camera is mounted in the cockpit on a servo. I have video of it on my site. The video is called "Red Kadet". You can even hear the engine pitch twitch like a ***** during glitch.
Forgot to mention that all systems were set to PPM...
Old 08-28-2003, 08:13 PM
Strykaas

Groto2, what is your setup ?
Old 08-29-2003, 01:54 AM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Default My equipment

I used the supercircuits AVX900R1 with a home made helix, an AVX900T2
with the ANTRB900 rubber ducky and a Polaris CM-550HRC color camera. The system was stripped of it's stock cabling and rewired using RC style extensions. I was able to tape the camera anywhere on the plane. The microphone was added using Radio Shack parts. Batteries are Duralight. I also used a Hobby Lobby HLHS015 universal switch to turn the system on and off using an aux. channel....this was set to "OFF" in fail-safe, incidently. Total flight system weight about 5-6 oz.
RC was 9Z transmitter and matching PCM receiver, although, I also flew it in an Ultra StiK with an R127 FM rx.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:30 AM
Strykaas

Thanks