Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Canon T2i functionality

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 11:03 PM
rcfan450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canon T2i functionality

I'm just wondering if the Canon T2i has the ability to transmit realtime what it is "seeing" using the supplied AV cable?

I am currently using a panasonic DMC-FP8 for aerial photography. I use the supplied AV cable and a wireless AV transmitter to transmit video to a portable DVD player so I don't have to guess at what the camera is "seeing." I just want to make sure the T2i can do the same thing before I go spend a lot of money on it. Thanks!

**edit** Just did some internet searches and the specs say that it does have "Live View". Does that mean live AV view? or Live view finder view? hmm... both?
Old 09-17-2011, 07:58 PM
twotonepunkkid
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Canon T2i functionality

Live view is the term used for dslr cameras that lets you view your image with the cameras settings before taking the picture. However, to answer your other question, the t2i does allow for video output while recording, and should work fine just like any other camera as long as you have the right video cables.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:04 PM
rcfan450

I should have posted a follow up a while ago, I bought the t2i for christmas last year and you get live view in both video and photo modes, it does great.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:42 AM
rcfan450

And here's a small sample of what I've been able to do with my T2i

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pMz79c06As[/youtube]