Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

fat shark RCV922 Aviator Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 01:31 PM
mikenlapaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fat shark RCV922 Aviator Edition?

this is the link and some video. I was impressed but I know little about this part of RC. Anyone using this please post your comments.

http://www.gowiththeshark.com/RCV922...era_500mW.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWDGQORp8BU Best of two for information

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWcHdr9ISW0

Any reviews, I did not check.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:47 PM
seemefly_1

Default RE: fat shark RCV922 Aviator Edition?

dose anyone know if a futaba 7cap 2.4Ghz will work with these
Old 11-02-2007, 12:06 AM
JMSTECH

Ok the first and second video was by Denis Gratton. And he used a KX131 with a Lawmate RX/TX You can buy them from Hobbywireless/Rangevideo/Futurehobbies/Blackwidow.

Secondly The Fatshark set up is a CMOS camera. Very convent set up but the camera sucks! The only thing I would say that is good about them is they consume very low power, but the video quality is very disappointing because it's a Chinese made CMOS. The goggles are ok but again I have a friend who bought one and they never lined up to the eyes correctly so it always looked a tiny bit blurry. It's your money so if you want to buy it be my guest. As for me... just stick to the mainstream stuff we use to FPV like: KX131/KX151 CCD camera, Lawmate/Airwave A/V RX & TX, any goggles from the above distributors.

As for the 2.4 Ghz question... well if the A/V TX & RX is a 900Mhz then it mayyyyybe ok. (I have heard ONCE that the 900Mhz over powered the 2.4Ghz and screwed everything up) But it has been mentioned by some who tried that the 2.4Ghz radios crossed path with the 2.4Ghz video gear and caused two things. Total loss of video and total loss of plane control! The gear simply got confused and didn't know where to go or what to do so that means troubles!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:34 AM
raptorgurr

Had a question about fatshark. I recently ordered the Fat Shark RCV922 BASE from Drones Vision. It came with a 900Mhz wireless audio video transmitter and receiver as well as a 550TVL 20x20mm FPV camera. I have verified that the camera works, but when I power up the goggles all I get is a blank white screen. I have tried changing channels and making sure everything was connected correctly but I keep getting a white screen when the goggles are powered up. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
Old 10-26-2011, 08:48 PM
JMSTECH

Have you tested the video goggles with another source to see if it works? If yes then maybe the A/V TX-RX is faulty. Either way Drone Vision is a reputable company (Taiwan I believe) and should be able to aid you in this with no problems.

John
Old 10-27-2011, 11:20 AM
raptorgurr

I have not tested the goggles with another source but I have verified that the tx and rx are working properly when I plugged the video cables to an LCD TV. The goggles just keep giving me a blank white screen no matter what channel I select. I'll probably just send them back for a new set.