Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Can you use this battery for SpyLinker transmiter????

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Can you use this battery for SpyLinker transmiter????

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 08:44 AM
skyriderman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you use this battery for SpyLinker transmiter????

Hey Everybody,
Instead of using a rechargeable 9 volt battery to power the Spylinker transmitter could we use the following????? GP-2/3AAA8C Its a pack from cheapbatterypacks.com. It is 9.6 volts, which when freshly charged is probably more than that. It only weighs 2.3oz
Its 370mah so it should last awhile. I guess what is being asked is "Can we use the higher voltage (9.6 or higher) on the transmitter???" I know that it was posted that the receiver can handle it but I don't recall if the transmitter was mentioned. If we can has anyone else used this voltage? How did get the voltage? Would the higher voltage result in shorter life of the transmitter or camera?
I would think that a 9.6 volt 2.3 oz battery would be a good alternative to regular 9volt battery. I understand that the rechargable 9 volt only puts out [email protected] volts so are not much good for our Spylinker transmitter use.
I appreciate any input on this one,
Skyriderman
Old 09-22-2003, 11:42 AM
elevator_up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can you use this battery for SpyLinker transmiter????

9.6 should not be a problem, but after fully charged it could easily hit 10+ volts. The transmtter is listed as 8V I believe. I dont know what the max voltage it can handle is, but I ran 12 v into my transmitter and it now no longer transmits more than a few feet !! Anyone sent a message to spylinker asking for operating specs and voltage limits ? (If I still had one I would).

The rechargeable 9V will work short a short while. I tried it and it worked for about 15-20 mins. I had an ammeter on the tx and saw 240ma draw, which seems about right.