Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Mounting a Mobius Action cam on large scale gassers / Isolation mounts for vibration

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Mounting a Mobius Action cam on large scale gassers / Isolation mounts for vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 02:03 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mounting a Mobius Action cam on large scale gassers / Isolation mounts for vibration

I have a Mobius Action cam that I want to mount in the wing of my P-47, like a gun camera. I have been testing what works as far as vibration isolation.

Maybe some of you can share what mounting system that you are using that works for this camera to eliminate the vibration.

I am testing on my 100cc Sbach with a EME120. Hard mounting did not work at all, way to much vibration.
I made a three sides box out of dens 1/2" foam. This was mounted to the wing surface with rubber tape glue.
The camera was held in with Velcro and a zip tie for safety.

The results were good but I think there is room for improvement.

Here is the first video test.

http://youtu.be/VcHqEXR4eHs Another test with the same mount.

http://youtu.be/6FmQbpB1OQQ

Also what can be done to get better sound quality?

TB
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	2002665   Click image for larger version

Views:	120
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	2002666   Click image for larger version

Views:	127