Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Video links page needed!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 10:00 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: More videos...

Will try to get some of the LT-40 video put together and online soon. Probably something pretty basic and lacking most of the fancy effects and so forth. This one is an ARF and not a kit but I imagine they would look pretty much the same.
ORIGINAL: Skitchen8

Will add the new author, and also the footage of the lt-40 just flying around is just what I'm looking for. I'd prefer not in-plane, I just want to see the plane fly to have a rough idea of what I will end up with when I buy and build the kit.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:11 PM
Fubar-One

The Links Page is primo and the rest looks pretty good and definitely better than what I have up.
Not sure if the pictures opening in a frame is good tho but that is just my preference. I never like having to pan side to side to see an image.'
I tend to forget that most people are still using dial up so my pages werent exactly designed to be fast loading. I know some of the images I have used for links should have been trimmed down in actuallity instead of just shrinking them with the html script.
Other than that, what you put together so far is looking much better than the original. If you want to keep messing with it, feel free and if I use it, I will be sure to give you credit. "Web design by Skitchen8" kind of thing?
Thanks!
P.S. Will get the LT40 footage up as soon as I can.

Sometimes when your still without a radio to fly sims on, and your parents still haven't checked to see if you can use their credit card yet you get incredibly bored and design web-sites. Thats what happened tonight, and I basically did an overhaul of your whole R/C web site, if you like it you can use it, if not then I'll probably scrap it. Its not done yet, but uses more advanced iframes to keep page loading time to a minimum (index.html is always loaded, the other pages load in an inline frame in the middle). The few pages left should be pretty easy to do, and then I'll just endlessly modify it until im happy (sometime a few years after I'm dead I'll probably be content with it). If you want to use it i'll put all files in a .zip file and e-mail them to you unless you would like to arrange something else.

http://www.404-design.net/doctordirty/fubar/index.html
Old 11-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Skitchen8

The only thing I'd like in return is the LT-40 footage. I have been searching for some time now for decent video of an LT-40 just flying around and as of yet have been very unsuccesful. I do webpages mostly for fun anyways, so really it wasn't too much to do. The frames can be changed, I didn't like it that much either, but was far too lazy to change it. When I designed it I was thinking of the pictures that are normally on ebay and how you click on a small one and the large one appears next to it, but I thought wrong because the image script there resizes the images before it displays them, and I don't like resizing images.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:54 AM
vstk2

Fubar/Dan

A suggestion on the video page - It would be nice to see all the eqipment/setups listed for reference. I noticed it was in one or two listings but not all; I'm looking to begin the venture into video equipment etc. and would love to se this info along with the resulting vid's/pictures.

Just a suggestion

vstk2
Old 11-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Skitchen8

If people provide their set-up specs I would be more than happy to add them to the page also, and that was a real good suggestion, can teach people how to set up their own vid systems. I know when I have a couple hundred dollars laying around unspent I'd like to put a video system in whatever plane I'm flying at that time.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:15 PM
Fubar-One

Very good suggestion.
Something I had been planning to do but havent gotten to it yet. I actually had a link on the videos page to the page I was going to set up.
One problem is that when Im in the shop, I dont have the camera handy and when I do have the camera handy I am not in the shop.
I have a nice week long vacation coming up soon and hopefully I can get off my butt and get that done.
ORIGINAL: vstk2

Fubar/Dan

A suggestion on the video page - It would be nice to see all the eqipment/setups listed for reference. I noticed it was in one or two listings but not all; I'm looking to begin the venture into video equipment etc. and would love to se this info along with the resulting vid's/pictures.

Just a suggestion

vstk2
Old 11-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Fubar-One

OK, got a movie of my Dad's LT-40 in action. Its about a 4 minute clip, 10 megs size.
About the Kadet itself:
ARF, powered by an OS .40LA engine. Standard servos, standard sized rx, I believe it to be a Futaba on 50mhz. It is no speed demon with this engine, but it flies very well. My Dad said if he was doing it over he would have purchased an OS .46FX for it, mainly as he could use the engine in other planes easily at a later time.
The plane itself is definitely a flyer so it flies fine with the smaller sleeve bearinged engine. Excellent trainer plane in my opinion. Wish I had chosen one of these for my first glow trainer.
Anyway, the [link=http://fubar1.freeservers.com/rc/movies/LT40 Kadet.wmv]LT-40[/link] clip is online.
Enjoy!

The only thing I'd like in return is the LT-40 footage. I have been searching for some time now for decent video of an LT-40 just flying around and as of yet have been very unsuccesful. I do webpages mostly for fun anyways, so really it wasn't too much to do. The frames can be changed, I didn't like it that much either, but was far too lazy to change it. When I designed it I was thinking of the pictures that are normally on ebay and how you click on a small one and the large one appears next to it, but I thought wrong because the image script there resizes the images before it displays them, and I don't like resizing images.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:27 PM
vstk2

Yet another nice vid Fubar - I got a chuckle out of the final seconds of comentary.

vstk2