Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Video links page needed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video links page needed!

Hey you guys!
It occured to me that with all the great videos being posted here, we need to start putting up links to them in a "central" location.
I am probably going to regret this, [&:]but I am thinking of adding a "Airborne Video Links" page to my site and putting up links to your airborne videos and possibly a page of pictures of the various systems and setups you guys have.[8D]
This means I need your links and permission, of course, along with pix of your stuff.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Climb back into yer hole, Fubar?[X(]
Somebody else (with actual webscripting skills) want to do this? (Would be fine with me cos I'm lazy!)
Old 10-25-2003, 10:34 AM
Billiam411

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Video links page needed!

I guess I could do this, another thought is having a aerial video links page here on rcu!
Old 10-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Skycam41

Great idea FUBAR

Not sure if there is much I can do to help but if there is just ask....script writing is out of my depth though.

Mike
Old 10-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Fubar-One

That would work too. Any idea how to go about it?
ORIGINAL: Billiam411

I guess I could do this, another thought is having a aerial video links page here on rcu!
Old 10-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Fubar-One

Default Links page up! was, RE: Video links page needed!

OK, got a video links page going. So now I need links! The few I have were searched out on this forum but Im lazy.
Anyway, if you would like a link to your video, use the email link on the page and send it to me there along with a short description of the equip used (plane, video system, so on) and, if you would like, a picture of the plane or video system setup itself.
Yer name or handle might be good too. Not sure of the final layout as yet but thinking along the lines of a link going to the picture of your setup if you send it then linking that to the video on your site.
A link to a page of your videos as opposed to just one video is fine also and actually might be preferable as you can put your info on it yourself!
Here be the page location:
[link=http://fubar1.freeservers.com/rc/movies/Video Links.html]Airborne Video Links![/link]
As I said, there is an email link on the bottom of the page to send your video links and info to.
Feedback is always dreaded, er, appreciated!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Fubar-One

Default Links page up and updated!

Got the [link=http://fubar1.freeservers.com/rc/movies/Video Links.html]Video Links[/link] page up and running.
It is up to date with links by everyone that has sent them to me as of this moment. Keep em coming! Also, Let me know what name you want to be credited by such as true name or RCU handle or what. So far I have been using folks' RCU names and will continue to do so unless requested otherwise if that is OK with you guys.
Let me know and keep em coming!
Old 11-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Fubar-One

Default RE: Video links page Updated!

OK, 3 more videos added to the [link=http://fubar1.freeservers.com/rc/movies/Video Links.html]Links Page![/link] today.
Videos by:Johncdh, Aaron2874, and IA-Flyer.
Check em out! Send me YOUR links!
Old 11-11-2003, 10:16 AM
aaron2874

Yeah that's cool! Anything I put on my site, http://www.rcsites.net/aaron2874 (shameless plug) you can use. After all, I make these dumb things for fun and for ppl to enjoy.

I remember when (about 3 years ago) when I first got into this hobby. I would search and search the net looking for any r/c video. They were rather hard to find. This is a great idea!! Only problem is ppl would have to stumble on to your post to find your vid links page. It would be a good idea if rc universe put one up like was mentioned by someone else. Then, all we would have to do is submit our link and maybe our name or handle. I think that would get a bigger viewing audience.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Fubar-One

I agree.
That is why I keep replying to my original post which brings it back up to the top of the list.
RCGroups has a setup called "Sticky" which keeps some posts at the top of the forum but I dont think RCU has anything like that.
I am just glad they fixed the popup stopper conflict I was having!
I will change your link so it leads to the rcsites page you have instead of directly to the video. That way I wont have to keep changing the link when you update.
Keep em coming!
ORIGINAL: aaron2874

Yeah that's cool! Anything I put on my site, http://www.rcsites.net/aaron2874 (shameless plug) you can use. After all, I make these dumb things for fun and for ppl to enjoy.

I remember when (about 3 years ago) when I first got into this hobby. I would search and search the net looking for any r/c video. They were rather hard to find. This is a great idea!! Only problem is ppl would have to stumble on to your post to find your vid links page. It would be a good idea if rc universe put one up like was mentioned by someone else. Then, all we would have to do is submit our link and maybe our name or handle. I think that would get a bigger viewing audience.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Skitchen8

I could rescript the page for you if you'd like... make it neater in tables, and allow you to put your own comments about the video in
Old 11-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Fubar-One

Sure!
Obviously, my webpage building skills are lacking. My main interest was getting them all together in one place so people could say, "Look here." I figured there HAD to be somebody out there that actually knows how to properly script it. Let me know what you need from me.[8D]
ORIGINAL: Skitchen8

I could rescript the page for you if you'd like... make it neater in tables, and allow you to put your own comments about the video in
Old 11-12-2003, 10:18 AM
jsonin
My Feedback: (4)

Default More videos...

If you're interested:

http://www.mit.edu/~juhan/rc_home.html

Thanks,
Juhan
Old 11-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Skitchen8

ORIGINAL: Fubar-One

Sure!
Obviously, my webpage building skills are lacking. My main interest was getting them all together in one place so people could say, "Look here." I figured there HAD to be somebody out there that actually knows how to properly script it. Let me know what you need from me.[8D]

Shouldn't need anything but the web page that is already posted, I'll start working on it 2nite, and probably have a usable site before friday
Old 11-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Fubar-One

Default RE: More videos...

Will add it later tonight or tomorrow at the latest!
ORIGINAL: jsonin

If you're interested:

Thanks,
Juhan
Old 11-14-2003, 12:11 AM
Fubar-One

It's added![8D]
As a sort of side note to everyone sending me their links, if you wish the description worded differently, something added, omited, or so on, please PM me and let me know.
I am keeping the descriptions short, sweet, and based on what info I have from people's posts.
No complaints so far!
ORIGINAL: jsonin

If you're interested:

Thanks,
Juhan
Old 11-14-2003, 04:55 PM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fubar,

use your signature to tell people to send their links to u !!!
Old 11-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Skitchen8

ok, the page will take a little bit longer than I thought, I've been a lot busier than I expected.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Fubar-One

Hey, good idea!
I sure put it on enough posts...
ORIGINAL: Strykaas

Fubar,

use your signature to tell people to send their links to u !!!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Fubar-One

No Problemo![8D]

ok, the page will take a little bit longer than I thought, I've been a lot busier than I expected.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:23 PM
Skitchen8

Then again I could pull an all nighter and try to get it done 2nite... we'll see how badly I think I need sleep 2nite...

*thinks about takin screeners of all the video's, then realizes how incredibly long that would take*

any of the people that sent in video have static pictures of their plane I could put on the site so people can see what the plane looks like before they fly... and also, anyone have any LT-40 vids for me??

Also some of the video's don't say who they are by, links 4-6...
Old 11-14-2003, 11:20 PM
Skitchen8

OK, rough layout is done, the colors need a little bit of tweaking as do some other things, Im certainly nowhere near happy with it, but as it stands it is navigable and fully functional. The menu on the left needs tweaking so it shows the underline on the links when the mouse is over them, I'd like to add some pictures to the page, and there is still one video that says author unknown.

http://www.404-design.net/doctordirt...o%20links.html <---- preview the page

edit: colors changed to colors I like more (and also the color I use on just about every page I design, or my friend Justin designs) and I used your prop-hanging screen shot as the image on the top left... hope you don't mind
Old 11-15-2003, 01:27 AM
Fubar-One

Looks very good so far!
Far superior to anything I have going on. Will get you the author of the Super Flying King video.
What kind of LT-40 video are you looking for? I have some footage (not yet uploaded to my computer) of my Dad's LT-40 just buzzin around last weekend and also meeting a tree. There is no video system on it, however. No wing on it either at the moment...[X(]
Page is looking good!

Added after editing:

OK, the author of the Super Flying King video is "Friar_Tuck". He posted the link in the "Who's tried carrying a camcorder on board?" thread.

OK, rough layout is done, the colors need a little bit of tweaking as do some other things, Im certainly nowhere near happy with it, but as it stands it is navigable and fully functional. The menu on the left needs tweaking so it shows the underline on the links when the mouse is over them, I'd like to add some pictures to the page, and there is still one video that says author unknown.

http://www.404-design.net/doctordirt...o%20links.html <---- preview the page

edit: colors changed to colors I like more (and also the color I use on just about every page I design, or my friend Justin designs) and I used your prop-hanging screen shot as the image on the top left... hope you don't mind
Old 11-15-2003, 12:20 PM
Nik
My Feedback: (12)

Hey guys,
I just go my spylinker system and will put it on my airplane today!
Also I will be very happy to design a very nice page for you (html expert)
just ask me and I'll do it for you...

Address will be probably http://www.2nik.com/rc
I have about 150 mb of space where i can put the videos on...

-Nik
Old 11-15-2003, 06:49 PM
Skitchen8

ORIGINAL: Fubar-One

Looks very good so far!
Far superior to anything I have going on. Will get you the author of the Super Flying King video.
What kind of LT-40 video are you looking for? I have some footage (not yet uploaded to my computer) of my Dad's LT-40 just buzzin around last weekend and also meeting a tree. There is no video system on it, however. No wing on it either at the moment...[X(]
Page is looking good!

Added after editing:

OK, the author of the Super Flying King video is "Friar_Tuck". He posted the link in the "Who's tried carrying a camcorder on board?" thread.
Will add the new author, and also the footage of the lt-40 just flying around is just what I'm looking for. I'd prefer not in-plane, I just want to see the plane fly to have a rough idea of what I will end up with when I buy and build the kit.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Skitchen8

Sometimes when your still without a radio to fly sims on, and your parents still haven't checked to see if you can use their credit card yet you get incredibly bored and design web-sites. Thats what happened tonight, and I basically did an overhaul of your whole R/C web site, if you like it you can use it, if not then I'll probably scrap it. Its not done yet, but uses more advanced iframes to keep page loading time to a minimum (index.html is always loaded, the other pages load in an inline frame in the middle). The few pages left should be pretty easy to do, and then I'll just endlessly modify it until im happy (sometime a few years after I'm dead I'll probably be content with it). If you want to use it i'll put all files in a .zip file and e-mail them to you unless you would like to arrange something else.

http://www.404-design.net/doctordirty/fubar/index.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.