Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Recording RC combat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 09:37 AM
rdc767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recording RC combat?

Camera Guru's. I saw this forum and I like your opinion if its possible to record to video my combat sessions (to learn my mistakes). The grey plane above is mine. I like to mount a camera in the cockpit. I would place the video recorder w/the receiver next to me on the flight line). I was wondering if the pictures are detailed enough to see the streamers as I chase them around?
I've read a few post say the 1.2ghz system are good enough. Is it worth the extra cash to get the 2.4 systems? Another question. How much does the camera with the battery weigh?
Ron Caravona
Old 11-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Recording RC combat?

Check out some of the videos that have been produced by folks on this forum to help you decide. Some of the 1.2ghz systems MIGHT give you the res you want, but if you can afford it, you might want to go for one of the 2.4ghz systems.
As far as camera with tx and battery weight, that is a big variable which depends on the system used. I have one system that is a cam/tx all in one unit that is about an inch and a half cubed plus the 9v battery. On a .40 sized plane the weight would be pretty much negligable. I also have a high end system with a much bigger high resolution camera, a zippo lighter sized tx, and a 10 cell AA nicad battery to power it. Not good for a combat plane but fine for my Kadet Senior.
Check out my vids at:
[link=http://fubar1.freeservers.com/rc/movies/movies.html]Fubar's Flix![/link]
Also, look for the links page for videos from some of the others here on this forum.
You might want to browse around at [link=http://www.blackwidowav.com]Black Widow AV[/link] and look at his 2.4ghz systems. Lots of options there.

ORIGINAL: rdc767
Camera Guru's. I saw this forum and I like your opinion if its possible to record to video my combat sessions (to learn my mistakes). The grey plane above is mine. I like to mount a camera in the cockpit. I would place the video recorder w/the receiver next to me on the flight line). I was wondering if the pictures are detailed enough to see the streamers as I chase them around?
I've read a few post say the 1.2ghz system are good enough. Is it worth the extra cash to get the 2.4 systems? Another question. How much does the camera with the battery weigh?
Ron Caravona
Old 11-05-2003, 08:52 AM
rdc767

Thanks Fubar-1. I will give it a go. I'll post the results when my camera comes in. I love the video link page.
Ron
Old 11-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Glad to help!
Be sure to send the link to YOUR results when you get em posted so I can add it to the Links Page!
ORIGINAL: rdc767

Thanks Fubar-1. I will give it a go. I'll post the results when my camera comes in. I love the video link page.
Ron