Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Refocusing Mustek GSmart

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 05:11 PM
forus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Refocusing Mustek GSmart

After ditching my Slow Stick fully equipped with my GSmart in saltwater I have had problems with my cam. I recovered the electronics with electronic cleaner/lubricant, but in the process I managed to turn the lense too much out of focus. Now I can't find the interval to get the close and infinity focus working. Anyone got experience with refocusing the GSmart? Any know of any new cameras on the market that is worth checking out?
Old 11-09-2003, 06:08 PM
mr.rc-cam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Refocusing Mustek GSmart

Just use AMCAP (the program on the Mustek install disk) and set the infinity focus while looking at a distant background. This realtime image view will allow you to set a focus as good as the factory.

For even better aerial still shots, try different focus settings until the results are perfect. Just take several photos, of the SAME infinity background, as you rotate the lense every 5 degrees. The clearest photos that has the largest file size is the one that is the best to use.