Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

2.4ghz sytem any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 07:32 AM
psychosticks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4ghz sytem any good?

I was wondering if anybody has tried the 2.4 ghz systems yet. I have seen many people using the 1.2 ghz. can you get the same range with the 2.4?
Old 11-13-2003, 01:19 PM
adam_messed_up

Default RE: 2.4ghz sytem any good?

yea, on the advertisment link at the top of the fourm for the dragonflyer they have an eyecam in the products section, there nice wireless 2.4 GHz system. thats the most help i can give you.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:43 PM
yb2normal

Default RE: 2.4ghz sytem any good?

Hi psychosticks,

Range is a function of power output and antenna gain so you need to consider it from this perspective rather than simply looking at the frequency.

As a side note, the dragonflyer unit puts out 10mw of RF power which is comparable to the HK and China 1.2ghz systems that claim 200mw of power... they are actually quoting battery power drawn and not RF power output, hence the apparent difference in power levels.

There are lots of good transmitters at both frequencies so your choice comes down to size/price/power and legality (if you concern yourself with that)

Good news is that many forum members fly many different systems so there is plenty of real-world evidence to support your choice.

Regards,
Bill