Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

2 person control video?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 08:58 PM
Eagle Flyer
My Feedback: (84)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 person control video?????

I was wondering if anyone has tried using 2 recievers, different channels of course, in their plane One for flying and one for a second person to control the camera on a pan and tilt setup? I would think you could get some better shots with each person only having to concetrate on one thing. What do you think? thanks. Neeeeeeeeeeed Input!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:53 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 2 person control video?????

Just re-read your post and deleted everything I wrote previously.
I was thinking two video systems for some reason!
I had been thinking along the same lines of your idea, having the main rx for the pilot and a secondary rx system so the guy watching the monitor (co-pilot?) could control the camera.
I dont see any reason it wouldnt work.
For that matter, if the camera was mounted in a removable pod, the entire system could be installed in the pod, secondary flight system (camera control) included. If using a Blackwidow 5v system, you could power the whole shebang off of the same rx battery pack.
Hmmm...
I gotta try this.
ORIGINAL: Eagle Flyer

I was wondering if anyone has tried using 2 recievers, different channels of course, in their plane One for flying and one for a second person to control the camera on a pan and tilt setup? I would think you could get some better shots with each person only having to concetrate on one thing. What do you think? thanks. Neeeeeeeeeeed Input!
Old 11-12-2003, 11:05 PM
W4UAV

Yes, I have done it, it works great, the key is to find a good camera
operator!!
Old 11-15-2003, 12:17 AM
elevator_up

This is exactly what I working on now, just bought the another receiver, and scouting to make the pan/tilt in as small a configuration as possible. Anyone have on thoughts on which inputs would work well for P/T control, ie aileron for left/right and elevator for front/back, with neutral facing slightly forward ?
Old 11-15-2003, 01:35 AM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Think those would be the best working inputs. Would come naturally to whoever is operating the p/t controls. Would you be putting it on the bottom of the plane so it could pan both left and right?
ORIGINAL: elevator_up

This is exactly what I working on now, just bought the another receiver, and scouting to make the pan/tilt in as small a configuration as possible. Anyone have on thoughts on which inputs would work well for P/T control, ie aileron for left/right and elevator for front/back, with neutral facing slightly forward ?
Old 11-17-2003, 12:15 AM
Eagle Flyer
My Feedback: (84)

Got my BW setup going. Nice camera. Threw together a quick pan and con setup. Mounted under the wing of my 1/4 scale cub where the outer end of the strut attaches to the wing. Seperate recivers and a seperate camera man. Got some great shots of the ole "Byron" rc airport. I don't have any digital video equipment to post with. but we did record it to my VCR. Much better video with it set on faster speed. I am picking up some vibration sometimes, especially when idled back at a certain speed. G23 for power using a C&H ignition with synchro spark. Do you think the "give" from the two servos grommets are letting it move to much to easily? I was thinking of hard mounting the servos and then cushioning the whole unit from the planes vibrations. Right now the whole thing is hard mounted to the plane, the foam you see under the unit is just to protect the covering. Welcome all suggestins. here are a couple of pictures of the unit. It's not too pretty but it works for now. All in one, battery,servos, camera transmitter etc.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44007.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	75269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32101.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	75270