Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Getting started with live Video

Old 11-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Dart373
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting started with live Video

You guys, I have heard of this video thing. And pics. but now I have got to be a part of it. I am into computers and digi cam stuff. You all have sparked a new found interest within my already costly R/C Hobby. I am pretty dumb when it comes to RC Vids though. How can I get started, what is a good setup, where to buy? Help a newbie get started in RC vids. I would like to know the do's and do not's. Thanks guys. You just cost me more money
Old 11-21-2003, 12:35 PM
Dart373
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: I am pretty upset with you guys now.....

It looks like the more I am finding out.... The more complex this seems to be. Is this what I have to go through to do vids ?? Or are these guys really doing something extreme and over what I wanted to do ? Thanks.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...tm.htm#1220307
Old 11-21-2003, 02:49 PM
mr.rc-cam

That thread concerns wireless video. You will need a amateur radio (ham) license.

The other way to do it is to strap a lightweight digital camera to the model and use its video AVI/MPEG mode. The Aiptek PenCam SD is a fine choice (good stills, fair video). The frame rate is a tad slow, so the video will look a little jerky (especially on fast models). http://www.aiptek.com/products/digital/sd.htm

MUCH more info about Aerial Photography can be found on eZone: www.rcgroups.com
Old 11-22-2003, 12:25 PM
yb2normal

ORIGINAL: Dart373
Or are these guys really doing something extreme and over what I wanted to do ?
It depends on what you want to do, how much *money* you want to spend, how much *time* you want to spend trying to get it to work, and how concerned you are with staying legal.

If you want a truly 'plug-n-play' system that gives excellent results, you'll spend quite a bit more than if you are willing to roll your own system.

There is such a broad spectrum of options these days, so just tell us what your primary criteria are and we can help narrow it down.

Best Regards,
Bill