Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

pip seaplane video onboard and external

Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

pip seaplane video onboard and external

Old 10-25-2003, 01:38 AM
PINETAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pip seaplane video onboard and external

OK, I have been working on this video editing for about 4 hours now and here it is. We had an aiptek onboard video camera recording the flight and my buddy Randy filmed the flight from the ground with my sony digital 8 camcorder. I used my video editing software and got both flights on the screen at one time. PIP (Picture in Picture)

Now this is our first try and it will get better from here. The onboard camera was not mounted in the best position but we will work on that for the next flight. The onboard video gets progressively blurred as the fuel builds up on the lens.

Let me know what you think.

[link=http://www.pintaro.org/video/sppip2.wmv]seaplane pip[/link]

Thanks

Tony
Old 10-25-2003, 04:24 AM
Dennis H.

Default RE: Picture in Picture Seaplane Onboard & Ext.

I like your p-i-p that was neat, what software are you useing, and what digi cam are you useing.
Dennis
Old 10-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

That is just incredible!
What program are you using??? Kudos to you, dude! I mean, wow!
ORIGINAL: PINETAR

OK, I have been working on this video editing for about 4 hours now and here it is. We had an aiptek onboard video camera recording the flight and my buddy Randy filmed the flight from the ground with my sony digital 8 camcorder. I used my video editing software and got both flights on the screen at one time. PIP (Picture in Picture)

Now this is our first try and it will get better from here. The onboard camera was not mounted in the best position but we will work on that for the next flight. The onboard video gets progressively blurred as the fuel builds up on the lens.

Thanks

Tony
Old 10-26-2003, 04:37 PM
PINETAR

Thanks bunches!!! I have a few editing glitches in the end of that video but it was about 3am and I had all I could stand....

The program is Power Director Pro Ver 2.55

Its pretty easy to use but not as snazzy as final cut for the mac.

Thanks again!!!

Tony

ORIGINAL: Fubar-One

That is just incredible!
What program are you using??? Kudos to you, dude! I mean, wow!

Thanks

Tony
Old 10-27-2003, 05:04 PM
Fubar-One

This afternoon I added the 3 links you emailed to me.
[link=http://fubar1.freeservers.com/rc/movies/Video Links.html]Airborne Video Links![/link]
Used your "Pinetar" handle for the credit as I wasnt sure if you wanted your name posted or not.
Keep em coming!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:16 PM
GTS
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: pip seaplane video onboard and external

Tony

I've been flying an electric powered 107 ship - 900 MHz cam\TX & RX system from supercircuits with editing by way of Studio DV with good results, but you've definitely raised the bar on RC video. I was kinda of grinin' ear-to-ear saying what a slick production...you get the "awsome" on PIP creativity.

GTS Flyin' Safe
Old 10-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Fubar-One

Yeah, I gotta agree with you there!
I just ordered that program this very afternoon based on that PIP video! Mwuahahahaha!

ORIGINAL: GTS

Tony

I've been flying an electric powered 107 ship - 900 MHz cam\TX & RX system from supercircuits with editing by way of Studio DV with good results, but you've definitely raised the bar on RC video. I was kinda of grinin' ear-to-ear saying what a slick production...you get the "awsome" on PIP creativity.

GTS Flyin' Safe
Old 10-28-2003, 03:11 AM
PINETAR

THANKS FUBAR AND GTS,

I APPRECIATE THE KIND WORDS.... THE ONLY SAD THING IN BEING NEW TO THIS HOBBY IS I NOW REALIZE HOW MUCH TIME AND MONEY I WASTED ON THE GOLF COURSE ALL THESE YEARS!!

SERIOUSLY THOUGH, I APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK I LOVE TO WATCH (MINE AND OTHERS OF COURSE) THESE VIDEOS.... HOPEFULLY MY FLYING SKILLS WILL IMPROVE AND THERE WILL BE REALLY SOMETHING TO WATCH....

FUBAR --- OK THE CLOCK IS TICKING ON YOU... LETS SEE SOME PIP VIDEO!!!

THANKS

PINETAR

THANKS FOR POSTING THOSE OTHER VIDEOS!!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:42 AM
PINETAR

JUST FINISHING TWEAKING THE VIDEO A LITTLE BIT... ADDED SOME GRAPHICS --- AND FIXED THE ENDING ...

CHECK IT OUT

USE THE SAME LINK!!
Old 10-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Billiam411

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much'd you pay for that editing software?
Old 10-28-2003, 04:55 PM
PINETAR

A basic version of the software came with my computer but in order to get the additional features such as PIP I had to upgrade to ver 2.55. The upgrade price was 49.99 and they delivered it via email.

Hope that helps!!

Thanks
Old 10-28-2003, 07:22 PM
Dennis H.

PINETAR, I found the program here,

http://softwareoutlet.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=4409

is this the program that you use? it going for $9.99
Dennis
Old 10-28-2003, 07:56 PM
PINETAR

As bad as I hate to admit I just overpaid for something... Yes it appears that is the correct software.... what a bargain!! The only thing I'm not sure about is that it is listed as OEM on your link.

Good luck with it and congrats for finding such a deal!!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:33 PM
aaron2874

Try adding one of those Dubro exhaust deflector thingys. It should take care of that pesky oil build up on you cam lens. I'm sure any LHS would have one and they are cheap. Here is a clicky to one from Tower.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD636&P=0

Great video!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Fubar-One

I just paid $34.99 for it with free shipping thru TekDeal.com or something like that.
Its Cyberlink PowerDirector Pro 2.1
Does come with PIP. Should have it in my hot little hands within the week. Mwuahahahahaa!

A basic version of the software came with my computer but in order to get the additional features such as PIP I had to upgrade to ver 2.55. The upgrade price was 49.99 and they delivered it via email.

Hope that helps!!

Thanks
Old 10-28-2003, 09:15 PM
PINETAR

I hope thats right Fubar... 2.1 was on my computer but PIP was not available unless I upgraded to 2.55... But maybe its because mine was an OEM version ... regardless...

Bring on the PIP
Old 10-28-2003, 09:17 PM
PINETAR

Thanks aaron,

I was wondering I have a nitro boat and the exhaust is piped all the way to the back from the front .. can I not do the same with the plane? Just run a tube to the back under the elevators and shoot the exhaust out there?

All this goo is a pain to keep clean especially on the camera!!

Thanks

Tony
Old 10-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Fubar-One

I am going nuts here. Turns out that if I buy the 2.1 pro full version, I can upgrade to pro 2.55 with a free patch that I already downloaded. Problem is that I cancelled the Pro 2.1 order!
Emailed em and asked if I can cancel the cancellation. I am such a tard.

I hope thats right Fubar... 2.1 was on my computer but PIP was not available unless I upgraded to 2.55... But maybe its because mine was an OEM version ... regardless...

Bring on the PIP
Old 10-30-2003, 01:13 AM
Mr Boulevard-delete

As bad as I hate to admit I just overpaid for something... Yes it appears that is the correct software.... what a bargain!! The only thing I'm not sure about is that it is listed as OEM on your link.

Good luck with it and congrats for finding such a deal!!
Hmm maybe it's not the same, have a look at the following link.
http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/p...o/versions.jsp
Old 10-30-2003, 02:28 AM
aaron2874

I saw some long tubes for doing just that in the same area (muffler accessories) on the tower hobbies site. Might be worth checking out. I think the deflector should be sufficient. I don't have one on my plane and I haven't had any problems. I have my cam in the same place. I did rotate the exhaust nozzle on the muffler to blow down and left (if your looking at the plane from the front). Give that a shot. Also, check to make sure you aren't getting leaks from around the cylinder head. I have an OS 46LA on my Voyager that leaks around the head. Still runs good though, but I do get oil on my canopy.

Also, I got an OEM version of Power Director Pro with my Aiptek DV3100 camcorder. I just may have to upgrade for that PIP thingy. That is just too cool!!
Old 10-31-2003, 04:45 AM
MR Flyer57

Hi PINETAR,

Great PIP video, It is a little unnerving at first, kind of like when you see yourself on a security monitor and look for the camera. Makes the whole thing a little more fun.

I really liked the fly-bys and seeing you on the ground as well as the plane in the air. I have to admit, my heart was in my throat most of the time, waiting for the trees to get you. and the landing was a cliffhanger!!!

Great stuff and so fresh I know it will be copied very shortly. Breaking new ground is rough and I thought the seaplane stuff was cool enough to get you noticed, but now the PIP really puts you over the top!!

Kudos to the guy running the video camera also, I have done a lot of that and it is really hard to keep it up for such a long time.
Great Job!!!
MR Flyer57
Old 10-31-2003, 04:48 PM
Fubar-One

What he said!
Also, can I borrow your camera man? Mine sucks.
(Sorry Dad!)
ORIGINAL: MR Flyer57

Hi PINETAR,

Great PIP video, It is a little unnerving at first, kind of like when you see yourself on a security monitor and look for the camera. Makes the whole thing a little more fun.

I really liked the fly-bys and seeing you on the ground as well as the plane in the air. I have to admit, my heart was in my throat most of the time, waiting for the trees to get you. and the landing was a cliffhanger!!!

Great stuff and so fresh I know it will be copied very shortly. Breaking new ground is rough and I thought the seaplane stuff was cool enough to get you noticed, but now the PIP really puts you over the top!!

Kudos to the guy running the video camera also, I have done a lot of that and it is really hard to keep it up for such a long time.
Great Job!!!
MR Flyer57
Old 11-04-2003, 02:51 PM
PINETAR

I have upgraded this video again - Take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2003, 07:03 PM
Dennis H.

Well I order PowerDirector 2.55 Pro for $9.99 OEM great program it dose not have p-i-p but upgrade is $14.99

Old 11-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Fubar-One

Where can you upgrade it for $15? Cost me $50 for the upgrade! It is now the full version with PIP tho.
ORIGINAL: Dennis H.

Well I order PowerDirector 2.55 Pro for $9.99 OEM great program it dose not have p-i-p but upgrade is $14.99

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.