Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Magneto interferance

Old 12-01-2003, 10:44 AM
BenWillis

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Magneto interferance

My camera plane is a gasser, ryobi 31cc, and my video feed stops when the plane is oriented with the engine between the tx and rx. Has anyone else experienced this??

It looks like I need to move my tx to the rear of the palne, maybe up on the vert fin.

Thanks,

Ben in SC
Old 12-04-2003, 07:28 AM
john flynn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Magneto interferance

Gidday Ben, could be a polarization problem and not interferance from your magneto. Look at the alignment of your antennas, are they both vertically or horizontally opposed? The best alignment is to have the tX horizontal and the RX vertical. If this is the prob and you can't live with it, get yourself one of these http://www.blackwidowav.com/patchantenna1.html However, if it is interferance from the maggy, you'll need to supress it. You'll need something like this. http://www.electronics123.com/amazon/pictures/pb190.jpg Hope I've helped. Reagrds, John.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:03 PM
BenWillis

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Magneto interferance

John,

Thanks for the reply. I am using a GP Patch on my RX and the stock momo pole vertically oriented on the TX. The TX is behind my engine but in ftont of the wind sheild. I think I'll move it back to the top of the vert fin and I may even try one of those ground plane antennas to get a better red pattern.

Ben in SC