Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

4 Mile Video

Old 01-02-2004, 09:38 AM
Spanky1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 4 Mile Video

Good day.

We put the video equipment in the back of a pickup with a couple of lawn chairs. Took the plane off, hopped in the back of the truck and went down the road. Found out a few things. Total drive was 4 miles (2 miles then turned around) the plane flew approx 7 miles.

It was truly a success. After talking and driving the route for some time we tried it.
I can't tell you how satisfying it was to complete this.

The next challenge is to fly to a friends farm and land approx 5 miles away.
The plane passed over 3 farms and several hunting shacks. 28 degees out, we were froze when we got back.

Spanky
Old 01-02-2004, 03:57 PM
raytheon

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 4 Mile Video

What video system were you using ?? Just wondering and gather information.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:41 PM
aaron2874

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You gotta get a camcorder and film this. That is a vid I would love to see.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Spanky1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good day.

Hi aaron2874 it has been recorded to a hi-8 camcorder, then to vhs. In fact all the flights are recorded. The intent was to duplicate the video and give it to the farmers. Those guys always stop and watch. In a couple of weeks we will be getting a laptop w/all the stuff for downloads of the videos, including burning.

raytheon, this equipment is the absolute cheapest stuff you can buy. (ebay) it was $55 for a 1500mW camera w/transmitter. With me knowing so little about this video area I wasn't about to spend any MORE money than need be to see if the idea worked. Well.....it works. REAL good. I would like to upgrade to a nice camera that the forums talk about, but, it would have to be REAL NICE for the extra bucks.

This flight was 15 minutes, the 9 volt was replaced with 2 old cell phone batteries, actually 8 AAA's in size. Gives approx 1/2 hr of good video transmission. The charger is from an old 1978 futaba radio, puts out at 45 mah about 11 volts, took 7 hrs to get it from 8 volts to just over 10.

I'll call upon the gurus once the ability is there to download this video. Real interesting.

Spanky