Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Second try at aerial video

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Flying_Luigi
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second try at aerial video

This is my second attempt (well, at least posted here) at Aerial Video. That particular day was really windy and gusty, as you can see from the take-off and landing but anyway I needed to try my new camera set-up. It's a 400 mW Tx with audio and CMOS camera. The video was much longer but I edited shorter to post it. Also, after rendering it seems much darker than on the TV screen (where it looks really good) but if you add a little bit of brightness using the media player controls, looks better. I experienced some signal drop-outs but only when the TX was almost on top of receiver or when I was really far away. In general, I'm happy with the results. The sound coming from the engine is a little bit annoying but I think it adds at the final result. The file is 10 Mb so if would be better if you have a fast connection. It's the one called "for web2".

Luigi

http://www.rcsites.net/luigi/video
Old 12-30-2003, 09:07 PM
Nik
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Second try at aerial video

Two recomendations:
Put the camera out of propellers view and point the camera 20-30 degrees down..

Videos I made in front of my house:

http://www.2nik.com/rc/mov.wmv

http://www.2nik.com/rc/landing.wmv
Old 12-30-2003, 09:59 PM
BP5589
My Feedback: (4)

Luigi,
I liked your video! I fly at that field, also. I have a few clips on my web site if you want to take a look.
Bill
[link]http://www.bp55899.com[/link]
Old 01-04-2004, 04:51 AM
impulse

Looks like you got a couple of bounces on the landing.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:11 PM
SkyDude

That's the patented Avistar bounce. Great flying plane, but you really have to fly it just right into the landing to grease it. I found the best way was to keep up the speed a bit on landing and just before it touches the mains, bank ever so slightly so one main hits just before the other. Seems to limit the bouncing pretty well.

Nice videos everyone. I'm thinking about starting an aerial A/V project of my own. I'm gonna start with mounting the AV stuff in a SoarStar so I can video just about anywhere. I'd like to get an airborne video of my folks' house too. That would be cool.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:38 PM
aaron2874

My Avistar always bounces on landing. I blame it on the crummy landing gear... mostly... Anyway, my gear has gotten so weak that the plane sits almost like a tail dragger and I'm tired of straightening it. Great flyer though!
Old 01-08-2004, 01:16 AM
Flying_Luigi

Well, thanks for your compliments regarding the video. Yeah, I bounced a couple of times but it was really windy that day and as you can see on the take-off a gusty cross wind almost got me. The avistar is a great flying plane so that's why I have used it as my aerial-video platform. It was my trainer and now it serves another purpose. My main interest is flying warbirds but once in a while flying the old Avistar is very relaxing specially when I strap-on the wireless camera and bring some footage home. BTW, if you all get a chance, check this site> www.rcpowermag.com. There you can see, inside an article called Tale of a Second Hand Waco some nice videos. I'm there with my Kyosho Spitfire but specially you can see as well a very nice video of a real P51 Mustang that gave us an impromptu air show using the active runaway showed in the aerial video as a target for practice....really cool!!!!

Keep them flying!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2004, 02:01 AM
Flying_Luigi

BTW, here are some pictures of my wireless camera set-up....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28441.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	88669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66042.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	88670  
Old 01-08-2004, 03:09 PM
reznikvova-RCU