Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Blackwidow or Tinywireless radio?

Old 01-20-2004, 11:57 AM
IA-Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blackwidow or Tinywireless radio?

Bryan, Thanks I'll give one a try.

Dan, Glad to hear the 200mW system is working well! Downloaded your video and I think it’s the first clean snap roll I’ve seen, very promising! My LDO regulator came in yesterday so I can finish and fly my 600, I'll let you know how it does.
Here may be something to try, rotate just the receiver antenna 90 degrees so it is horizontal polarity when flying close leave the plane antenna vertical, it should reduce the signal strength a little and the signal would increase when the plane goes vertical. Just a theory.

Bill, You hit it right on the nose, I often thought about positioning my receiver a couple thousand feet from where I fly because the signal was much more consistent at that distance. It always felt strange to fly from sometimes broken video into clean video at range!

Great thread everybody!
Old 01-20-2004, 12:18 PM
IA-Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blackwidow or Tinywireless radio?

Fubar-One
Never mind, I thought you were trying the GPP antenna. I read your other thread a little closer and see you are using the circular polarized one.