Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Advice About This Camera

Old 02-03-2004, 05:33 PM
orcrest

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Advice About This Camera

Will this camera provide useable video quality? I'm only thinking about using it with the model in visual distance.

http://www.ozspy.com.au/cart/products.asp?ID=299

If I get a better antenna will that make a significant difference to the video pickup range or is the output too low anyway?

Thanks
Old 02-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Deltageek2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Advice About This Camera

That camera is a CMOs low quality unit but acceptable for a start in this form of the sport. The Tx looks big and heavy! The weight listed for the package is a KILO! That could be heavy packing peanuts... or its as moosy as it looks. Using a directional amplified antenna on the rx is a good idea and will add much range even to a low output unit- but you must point it at the plane at all times. Yes, there is a downside to everything. I would be skeptical about this unit unless I could check the weight of that Tx- it might not be apropriate for a light plane. It looks like one a salesman almost sold to me to replace one that was out of stock. When he told me the stock number and I looked it up it was obvious it wasnt gonna work- the replacement weighed a POUND, where the one I selected was 1 OZ! Don't waste your money unless you can get the specs on it. Good luck
Old 02-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The weight of the cam/tx is 20 grams. Less than 3/4 of an ounce.
Look into a circular polarization patch antenna. BlackwidowAV.com sells em.
ORIGINAL: Deltageek2

That camera is a CMOs low quality unit but acceptable for a start in this form of the sport. The Tx looks big and heavy! The weight listed for the package is a KILO! That could be heavy packing peanuts... or its as moosy as it looks. Using a directional amplified antenna on the rx is a good idea and will add much range even to a low output unit- but you must point it at the plane at all times. Yes, there is a downside to everything. I would be skeptical about this unit unless I could check the weight of that Tx- it might not be apropriate for a light plane. It looks like one a salesman almost sold to me to replace one that was out of stock. When he told me the stock number and I looked it up it was obvious it wasnt gonna work- the replacement weighed a POUND, where the one I selected was 1 OZ! Don't waste your money unless you can get the specs on it. Good luck
Old 02-04-2004, 08:20 AM
seismic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think it's too expensive it's Transmitting Range 100m and it's price 239$
You can find better one at rcmart.com
This site is Hong Kong Based
cameras features is
[link=http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=423_518&products_id=6621]here[/link]