Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Advice "Tower Hobbies 6FM Radio for AP"

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Advice "Tower Hobbies 6FM Radio for AP"

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 02:47 PM
seismic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice "Tower Hobbies 6FM Radio for AP"

Is [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNN65**&P=0]This[/link] radio kit good for AP
It's Including a lot of thing but No servos, I'm new with RC Planes and I want to buy this for now and Future (for aileron control and AP)
Its price 144$ with shipping.
Please suggest me some radio kits if dont like it.
Thanks
Old 02-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Advice "Tower Hobbies 6FM Radio for AP"

That radio would work for an aileron plane carrying some kind of AP system. You could use the channel 5 switch to activate the camera with a servo or one of the electronic switches that you can find information about on this forum.
This radio will work with aileron planes with a single aileron servo or dual servos (one for each wing) using a "Y" connector. It also has a dual rate feature which is very handy for both beginners and experts.
Unless you want to get into a computer radio, I think this one would work fine in my opinion.
ORIGINAL: seismic

Is [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNN65**&P=0]This[/link] radio kit good for AP
It's Including a lot of thing but No servos, I'm new with RC Planes and I want to buy this for now and Future (for aileron control and AP)
Its price 144$ with shipping.
Please suggest me some radio kits if dont like it.
Thanks
Old 02-06-2004, 09:36 PM
IA-Flyer

Yes, it looks fine and the receiver is "dual conversion" so the range should be good.
What type of plane did you plan on using seismic?

If you take some AP pictures from Turkey, post them here, I'd love to see the country!
Old 02-07-2004, 06:49 AM
seismic

Of course IA-Flyer when I start to take pictures, my first work is post them here for your opinion

I still have a rtf plane " wing dragon" but its 3channel
I want to improve it with this radio kit