Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Fired up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Rj-TailSpin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fired up!!!

I haven't flown in months! All you guys making video are telling me I had better dig out the cold weather gear and go make a video! I've done a bunch a cold weather videos, but for some reason this winter up here in Wisconsin has been far too cold and windy. Weather permitting, I'll head out to the lake and capture some snow mobiles performing quarter mile time trials. Its fun watching them from above! I'll have to remember to allow the CCD camera to warm up before launching. They tend to not like the cold.

Rob
Old 02-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Fired up!!!

Yeah, I agree about the cold winter this year. Was a brisk 70 degrees here today. Brrrr... Any colder and I would have had to leave the tank top and shorts in the closet and gone for short sleeves and jeans. Almost wore socks with my sandals it was so chilly. Decided to tough it out tho so I left the socks at home.[8D]

ORIGINAL: Rj-TailSpin

I haven't flown in months! All you guys making video are telling me I had better dig out the cold weather gear and go make a video! I've done a bunch a cold weather videos, but for some reason this winter up here in Wisconsin has been far too cold and windy. Weather permitting, I'll head out to the lake and capture some snow mobiles performing quarter mile time trials. Its fun watching them from above! I'll have to remember to allow the CCD camera to warm up before launching. They tend to not like the cold.

Rob
Old 02-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Rj-TailSpin

Default RE: Fired up!!!

2 more inches of snow today! I just discovered a 6 foot, 6" in diameter stalagtite hanging from the corner of my garage. It enveloped the christmas lights. It was so massive, I couldn't resist knocking it down. It's a kid thing-grin. It first cracked, then I gave it another whack with a peice I broke off... and down it came... along with the house light and part of the gutter... and it nearly put my son and I on our asses!!! Wow!!! What a mess and I have people coming to look at the house at 10:00AM!!! Then, got into my Explorer and it wouldn't start!!! Moral of the story... Today, might not be a good day to fly RC. Should have stayed in BED!!!
R