Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Found a great source for SMA pigtails!

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Found a great source for SMA pigtails!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 05:48 PM
W4UAV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a great source for SMA pigtails!

I needed a shorter pigtail from the 1 watt transmitter to the externally mounted
dipole-in-a-duck, the one I was using was about 32 inches, the path was only comfortably 18 inches, I know the loss wasnt gonna be much, but why route the cable around when you can go a direct route?

I found L-COM in Andover, Mass. their prices are pretty good, cheaper the more
you buy. I only bought two 18 inch SMA RG174 pigtails (one as a backup) for $16.25 each. I didnt think it too bad, Ive priced just SMA adapters to other connectors and panel/chassis SMAs for $5 a piece!

Anyway, shipping was $7.95 Fedex Ground

Heres the link:
http://www.l-com.com/jump.jsp?lGen=p...&iProductID=36

Thought Id pass it along.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:27 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Found a great source for SMA pigtails!

Thanks!
That is just what I am looking for as I want to do the same external antenna setup you did. Just gotta remount the tx and figure out what length I need. Fav placed the site so I can find it again. I just received a 900mhz patch antenna I won on Ebay so now I need to get off my butt and revamp the KSA.
Thanks again!

ORIGINAL: KE4UVQ

I needed a shorter pigtail from the 1 watt transmitter to the externally mounted
dipole-in-a-duck, the one I was using was about 32 inches, the path was only comfortably 18 inches, I know the loss wasnt gonna be much, but why route the cable around when you can go a direct route?

I found L-COM in Andover, Mass. their prices are pretty good, cheaper the more
you buy. I only bought two 18 inch SMA RG174 pigtails (one as a backup) for $16.25 each. I didnt think it too bad, Ive priced just SMA adapters to other connectors and panel/chassis SMAs for $5 a piece!

Anyway, shipping was $7.95 Fedex Ground

Heres the link:
http://www.l-com.com/jump.jsp?lGen=p...&iProductID=36

Thought Id pass it along.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:46 PM
W4UAV

Default RE: Found a great source for SMA pigtails!

ORIGINAL: Fubar-One

Thanks!
That is just what I am looking for
[/quote]
Glad I could help!!