Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Sony MicroMV HandyCam

Old 02-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Rj-TailSpin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Sony MicroMV HandyCam

So who's gonna be the first brave person to mount the Sony MicroMV HandyCam on their plane? I am researching digital camcorders to determine which one to purchase. I found the Sony MicroMV HandyCam and thought mmmm that baby is smalled enough to mount right in the plane. It's "Pocket-sized - a mere 4"H x 3-1/8"W x 1-7/8"D; weighs just 12 ounces!" It would be easy to do, but at a cost of $1,500 and using it's own type of media... is it worth it?

I know many people use the Canon products and I have been leaning that direction. There are many too many brands and models!!!?? If you had all the money in the world, just think your last name is Gates, what comcorder would you buy? It's nice to dream LOL!

Also, does anyone know of any DV recorders that exceed 500 lines of resolution? I found a camera with 800 lines and it would be nice to record at least at broadcast quality ~ 725 lines.

Rob
Old 02-24-2004, 11:52 AM
stevennh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Sony MicroMV HandyCam

Broadcast quality (CCIR-601) is 486 lines (720x486). DV is effectivly broadcast quality (many stations broadcast it in news). It is 720x480 (NTSC).

Steve
Old 02-24-2004, 01:48 PM
SeacretsOceanCity

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was ready to purchase a handycam from Sony but I have read some negative things about it plus this is sonys first generation of its type, do your homework.Hitachi has one but also has hang ups. I went with the smallest panasonic DV for now great cam,not willing to send it up yet still contemplating the Blackwidow system.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:20 AM
Jam78ilC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[X(]