Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

First RPV flight...

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 01:05 PM
stevennh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First RPV flight...

I was fooling around with my Aerobird by looking quickly at the video while flying to try to get a feel for RPV. I messed up and lost track of the bird in the sky (that does not take long). I ended up grabbing my camera and using the eyepiece to "find" the plane. I flew it completely out of my site for 30-45 seconds and got it back over the field (it was out over the neiborhood, out of my sight). The viewfinder works well. I left the DV camcorder hanging around my neck and just picked it up with me free hand (left), then used the viewfinder. Very cool. I have to get some i-glasses!

Steve
Old 02-29-2004, 06:53 PM
yb2normal

Default RE: First RPV flight...

That's how I did my first RPV flight too. Couldn't find the Wingo in the sky and basically let it lose some altitude and then buzzed myself... I could hear it at that point and spotted it in the air. A rush!
Old 02-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: First RPV flight...

Good deal on the RPV!
I still dont have the cojones to try that yet.

Going to test fly my Wingo tomorrow and hope to add the video system this week.
Hey, guess what showed up at my door friday morning with no knock or anything?
Now, do I keep it or send it back?
Actually, waiting for "them" to call me back and let me know what they want done with it.
Meanwhile the Wingo has the geared motor and APC prop setup along with the 1100mAh Nimh pack. HS55 servos but I am using a full sized Futaba rx so I can operate on 50mhz. RC-Direct seems to have stopped offering the Berg rx's on 50mhz for some reason.
FMA rx's cost too much and are fra-jill-aye.