Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

new at arial photos

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Joe123s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new at arial photos

i wanted to put a camera on my trainter to take pictures. what is the easiest and cheapest setup that i could buy or put together. would a disposible camera be good or should i go digital..
Old 03-13-2004, 06:24 PM
aaron2874

Default RE: new at arial photos

Buy a digital cam like the Aiptek pencam. Make a box for it with scrap balsa (we all have it laying around). Mount a cheap servo on the side to activate the shutter. Disposable cams are no good cuz you have to manually advance the film after every shot. I would not use any cam that takes film cuz 90 percent of the pics you take will be no good. Aiming the cam from a plane is hard so basically you will hose the area with shots and a few of them will probably turn out ok. The first time I did it, I took 117 pics. 7 of them were good enough to put on my website... here... [link=http://rcsites.net/aaron2874]Aarons' R/C[/link]
Old 03-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Joe123s

thanks
Old 03-14-2004, 05:26 AM
forus

Digital is probably the best. I now use Mustek GSmart3 which is ok,but my first setup using a cheap autofocus cam wih motor and blitz really gave the best result. It was heavy compared to the Mustek,but worked with any 40 size trainer. Disadvantage is that you have to get the film developed and you only get paper pictures....but the quality was much better than the Mustek (and cheaper). I still have that setup lying around, but it will probably never get airborne again.

Aiptek or Mustek is probably the way to go. Good luck!