Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Flyin King with onboard camera ready to roll!

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Flyin King with onboard camera ready to roll!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Skycam41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flyin King with onboard camera ready to roll!

Finally got my BTE Flyin King ready to rumble! Here is a few pictures of the camera installation. The plane was built with the idea of taking aerial pictures. It is fairly large, has flaps and is supposed to be a very stable flyer from what I can gather. I have it set up to install my Canon digital camera but can also use it for my Spylinker 800mw set up (as shown). I can plug the Spylinker TX right into the video out on the camera so I can use the digital camera optics or the small CCD camera. The "box" that the camera fits into is somewhat suspended inside the fuse. The camera holder "box" sits on fuel tubing that is mounted to the cross braces in the cabin and held in place with rubber cushioned mounts. I have about 30 degrees of tilt for the camera and can set it in any position. All that is left is to balance the plane and break in the motor, oh and wait for the 50 + mph wind to go away.

I have a question about the TX position so I hope that Fubar1 is reading this. I thought of mounting the TX for the Spylinker system to the landing gear where it is in the open or will the aluminum landing gear interfere with the signal. Any advantage to mounting so the antenna is pointing straight down or up?

Cheers

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47418.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	113305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53766.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	113306   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72035.jpg
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	113307  
Old 03-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Skycam41

Default RE: Flyin King with onboard camera ready to roll!

Engine break in time. I use the method described in RCM a few years back for a ringed engine using the short run cyclic heating and cooling procedure....lengthy process but well worth it IMO.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89097.jpg
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	113534  
Old 03-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Flyin King with onboard camera ready to roll!

I like the Acme Anti-Slime Bag you used to keep the plane clean!
In response to your other post, I havent seen any real difference between the antenna pointing up or down but putting it on your aluminum gear wont be a good thing. You have to figure that aluminum strip will block the transmission signal in at least one direction. Might cause reflections also.
Cant wait to see your results!
Hoping to get some new video myself next weekend if I can shake the creeping crud I came down with while the inlaws were visiting. Got the BWAV system installed in the Wingo ready to go. Half tempted to just fly it around the apt complex for yucks.
ORIGINAL: Skycam41

Engine break in time. I use the method described in RCM a few years back for a ringed engine using the short run cyclic heating and cooling procedure....lengthy process but well worth it IMO.