Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Video file help please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 10:25 PM
David_Moen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video file help please!

Hi all you video gurus!

I have a 80 MB, high quality video file (mpg) that I want to crunch down to a more web friendly site. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?
Old 04-05-2004, 10:57 PM
IA-Flyer

Default RE: Video file help please!

Windows Media Encoder is a free download and does a nice job, but it’s not very user friendly at first.

I’m not sure if Movie Maker in XP will convert an MPEG file to windows media (*.wmv) or not because I don’t use it, but media encoder will for sure.

There are programs you could buy, but if you don’t need to edit and just want to convert media encoder works great and has lots of options.

[link=http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx]Windows Media Encoder[/link]

Jim
Old 04-05-2004, 11:55 PM
David_Moen

Thanks! That worked great, took it down to 16MB from 80 with very good results for what I need.

View the results at:

http://mvvs-canada.com/videos.htm
Old 04-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Well, IM impressed.
What did you originally create the mpg with and which of the two mentioned programs did you use to render it down to 16 megs?
The flying impressed me too, by the way! I wish I lived where something that big could be flown but its NOT doable at my field.
ORIGINAL: David_Moen

Thanks! That worked great, took it down to 16MB from 80 with very good results for what I need.

View the results at:

http://mvvs-canada.com/videos.htm
Old 04-06-2004, 09:11 PM
IA-Flyer

Glad it worked out David,
When I'm on high speed again I'll take a look at the big one you did, but the small mpeg looked great.
Beautiful flying!
Nice!
Old 04-06-2004, 09:42 PM
David_Moen

I don't know who the pilot is, I wish I could take credit. The video came to me on a CD from MVVS. The footage was taken near Brno in the Czech Republic. I just wanted to post it on my site so I didn't have to argue with the fellows that keep telling me there is no way you can fly a 35% airplane on a 58cc engine!